Aquagirl84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
Was there an anenome in each tank?

I know it's a stretch, but Is there any chance you had two walkers, get ground up by powerhead?

What exact product did you use?
All of the anemones were moved to our ER tank prior to coralline. Only thing in the nano were 2 small clowns and a few bumblebees. And the second clown just died in the last 5 mins

so two diff tanks with the corraline and everything from both now dead. It does make sense but that’s the only thing we did before going to bed.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In sorry to hear this. . When you said anemone strings were all over everything, I assumed you meant small pieces of anenome. When a nem meets a powerhead, It clouds the water up white, and can kill everything in it including fish.

It doesn't make sense as Most of those products are invertebrate safe that I know of, but with this result and the only thing being the bottle. I would agree that was likely the cause.

OP
OP
A

Aquagirl84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
619B1F34-3841-47D6-8172-8AE1BED4D345.jpeg

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so sorry to hear this happened. One thing I have learned from experience is to never do or add anything to a tank(s) before going to bed. Always give yourself a few hours to monitor the tank in case you need to take emergency action. I have never heard of bottled coralline turning toxic. It sounds like it kicked off a chain of events that ended with the deaths.

OP
OP
A

Aquagirl84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am really sorry this happened. I have never heard tanks crashing due to coralline algae in a bottle. Where did you get the bottle from?
I know right? Website says it’s safe and you can’t even overdose. Ordered it from the purple helix company.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We poured coraline in both tanks
But, why??? You were already trying to save things by moving them to emergency tanks... I don't understand the logic of adding ANYTHING unnecessary in that situation.

I am sorry you had this experience :(

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 42.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 21.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back