Welcome to Floridas discussion forum!

SalinFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to get this going also.
So what happened at your place when Irma came thru last year?
I lost power for 4 days & nights. I have a good sized generator so I was safe. How about Ya'll ?
For me (Riverview/Tampa area) our lights flickered & cut out twice, but came right back on. It was just enough to have to reset everything, but that was about it.

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me (Riverview/Tampa area) our lights flickered & cut out twice, but came right back on. It was just enough to have to reset everything, but that was about it.
I lost power for 2 days but at that time I was making the stand for my 40g breeder so I didn't have my reef tank running yet. I had a 55g with Discus that survive with Peroxide 3% every 4 hours.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anything we can do to keep the group together please let me know!!

Hannahrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to get this going also.
So what happened at your place when Irma came thru last year?
I lost power for 4 days & nights. I have a good sized generator so I was safe. How about Ya'll ?

We were without in Summerfield for about 4-5 days I think it was. Didn't have a saltwater tank at the time but we have 2 pugs so was aggravating keeping them cool. We have a generator and a nice horse trailer with living quarters we temporarily stayed in, alternated the generator between the trailer and various freezer/fridges. I have a couple of battery bubblers I use for short outages in my 13.5 gallon now, they way it's been storming lately I leave it in just in case. Got an MP10 that came with my cube, so might get a Ecotech battery backup soon.

Hannahrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how many floridians made it to the MCNA in Tampa this year?

Did you mean Reefapalooza? I was supposed to go but our main hobby (horses/mules) got in the way but that deal ended up not even working out so we regret not going!

I looked up MACNA's schedule and I don't see where it was held in Tampa this year, see it coming up in Vegas in Sept.

SalinFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you mean Reefapalooza? I was supposed to go but our main hobby (horses/mules) got in the way but that deal ended up not even working out so we regret not going!

I looked up MACNA's schedule and I don't see where it was held in Tampa this year, see it coming up in Vegas in Sept.
I thought I missed something amazing! I made Reefapalooza in Orlando.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty sure this was in Tampa? It doesn't matter, didn't make anyway .
How about the bad algae bloom we are having in our state? We don't get it real bad here up north. Have You folks seem this stuff? Is it as bad as the news says it is?

Last edited:

Cristy17

Sunshine Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how many floridians made it to the MCNA in Tampa this year?
I, sadly, did not. I had to travel back north and missed it. I am hoping to go to one in the near future. I also missed the one in DC, where I used to live 20 minutes from there. I was here in Fl. Just keep traveling the opposite direction!

Cristy17

Sunshine Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty sure this was in Tampa? It doesn't matter, didn't make anyway .
How about the bad algae bloom we are having in our state? We don't get it real bad here up north. Have You folks seem this stuff? Is it as bad as the news says it is?
I have not seen any fish kills in the upper rivers when I am kayak fishing, however, I heard some beaches were getting hit hard. People get sick from it. I have not been close enough to experience the effects.

seastar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in North FL. Just South of Jacksonville in Middleburg.
Pretty sure I've bumped into yuo at ORA a time of two with your kid, I usually have a very excited kid with me when Im in there.

Hey SeaStar we are not far apart. what shops do you visit? OPA is real close there are 2 on the eastside , the others are at the beach here.
Always looking for a new shop to visit !
Yeah I visit ORA all the time, Jason is great. It would be a hike for you coming form Middleburg but checkout Bio-reef and Coral Logic. I usually hit both in the same trip as they're not all that far apart.

I tried the one in St Augustine, Fins to Frags or something like that and the new owners that took it over are doing some nice things with the store.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 64 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.1%
Back