Welsh Newbie

Petes Reef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 1, 2025
Messages
6
Reaction score
34
Location
Porthcawl
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I'm Pete from Porthcawl, a small coastal town in South Wales, UK. I've kept freshwater fish and aquascape tanks previously and decided to step outside of my comfort zone and build a reef tank. I've watched many videos on YouTube and visited local marine fish retailers and realise I've got a lot to learn. I'm not into rushing things and understand corals are living creatures so want to get as much right first time as I can. I'm starting with a Blue Marine 160 litre tank because all the filters are built in. I'd welcome any advice or views on the Blue Marine aquarium.
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
PETE!!!! WELCOME!!!
Glad to have you step over to the salty side where it's always a bit more spicy! We are here to help!
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef, the greatest community out of water!

Start a build thread so we can all follow along!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new