Welso receding

Merdfrog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My welso started looking paler a week ago. I turned the lights down thinking it's getting too much light. I go on a 2 day trip and come back this morning and flesh has started to recede rapidly. I moved it to the shade of a cave but other than that I don't know what to do. Maybe my alk is too high that's all I can think of.
Parameters
Nitrate 7 ppm
Phos 0.03 ppm
Alk 13 dkh
Ph 8.6

20231024_102112.jpg

Pod_01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My welso started looking paler a week ago. I turned the lights down thinking it's getting too much light. I go on a 2 day trip and come back this morning and flesh has started to recede rapidly. I moved it to the shade of a cave but other than that I don't know what to do. Maybe my alk is too high that's all I can think of.
Parameters
Nitrate 7 ppm
Phos 0.03 ppm
Alk 13 dkh
Ph 8.6

20231024_102112.jpg
In my opinion the Alk is elevated and PO4 is low. Some people can make it work but not many.

My suggestion is to bring the Alk down, I prefer 7-8 dKh and feed the corals (use good quality coral food) and feed the fish.

Good luck,

flying4fish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came across your thread because I've had similar problems with wellso's and trachy's. No matter what I do, they eventually die. Did yours recover? How long did you have it? I think my problem is coming from the place I've been buying them. This place gets very large shipments of corals and sells them immediately without any time to acclimate. I'm beginning to think these wild corals are dying from the shock. If I buy another wellso or trachy, I think I'll just pay more and get one from someplace that keeps them longer before selling them.

OP
OP
Merdfrog

Merdfrog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did everything I possibly could to save it. It died a couple weeks after the post. I only had it for a few months. I got it from reefapulza along with a few other corals that all seemed to have died off around the same time except one.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 78.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back