OP
Wen

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up 2 Ring stick up cams to help me monitor DT/Sump and equipment closet when gone. 9CAC3B43-D3EE-4F70-AAD8-1E36EF3F5EA6.png
check out the night vision in closet! A587E8A7-1606-42AE-B574-255900766220.jpeg

OP
OP
Wen

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Everything looks wonderful! I would love to see a full tank shot sometime. :)

Not sure if that video worked...?
3848EE86-45F6-4448-9D16-DF0878CF354A.jpeg
That Caribbean Blue is beautiful but needs to go....

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.mov
    13.6 MB
Last edited:
OP
OP
Wen

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I said that I’d never put a rbta back into the display....but, planning to move rbta rock in fuge to top right of DT structure.
Been watching too much aquaman_shalom!!!

OP
OP
Wen

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any thing I can do so when skimmer power is off so it doesn’t empty into sump?
I do have it elevated to go over sump wall and into closet.
DEDAE0EC-B3D8-43B0-86C9-D00B5CF2BFF8.jpeg
(Like the stained glass fish stickers on the Home Depot LED?)

OP
OP
Wen

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lost my hydra52hds schedule!!!
Yes, I’m in panic mode. Came back from short trip and lights are dim. Checked AI schedule and it was gone...a generic preset was running.

ugh.

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is been a long time since I've checked out your build thread.

It's still amazing.
I hope to have my reef be as nice as yours.
I'm working on it.

OP
OP
Wen

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is been a long time since I've checked out your build thread.

It's still amazing.
I hope to have my reef be as nice as yours.
I'm working on it.
Thank you Dj City, we are all on a journey improving our systems. Perseverance is the key ingredient.
I’m trying to remedy a couple problems atm. Something is preying on the pearly jawfish, down to 2 in the 280. It’s frustrating and sad too. Then I have some rtn bottom up of a few corals that I think was from a dip in magnesium.
What are you working on in your tank?

OP
OP
Wen

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn’t sleep thinking about what is preying on the pearlies, so up with flash light checking out the tank.

I spied a long spaghetti worm living under ricordeas, favias are eating and trying to sting neighbors (note to self, move some corals tomorrow) and one mystery is solved.

My huge Setosa coral has begun to show some unusual markings...like rub marks, debris, like something could be snacking on it. Well, well, well! AHa, a crab seems to like the taste of setosa! It’s tiny (1.5”), red and white, roundish body. Now that I know it’s a crab I can go about removing it, yeah right. Will take pics in morning.

But no sightings of what likes the taste of a burrowing fish. Could it be a bobbit worm or gorilla crab? But would I find the molt of a gorilla?
I’ve tried traps and coming up empty. (Already caught 6++ large mathrix crabs) Could it be a mantis shrimp? There is definitely either snapping shrimp in the tank or a mantis. Loud and happens in the day time. idk.

I had 4 pearlies, all settled in burrows. Then 1 started looking tattered, I did see a tiny pointy clawed crab living in its burrow (1” crab, 3.5” jawfish) Tried to trap the crab, nothing. Tried to net that pearl, couldn’t. Next day tattered pearl gone. Could a 1” tiny crab kill a adult pearly? Haven’t seen that crab, but it’s probably moved in with another pearly.

Then pearl on opposite side of tank disappeared. Later I see it moved to new locale.

Then my largest pearl vacated a sweet burrow to move in with a smaller jaw. They lived together a few days, then larger pearl disappeared. Yesterday I saw filet of jawfish on the yumas near burrow. A filet like you’d buy at the market! Ik it was the large pearl.

Somethings going on. 2 pearlies left. :eek:

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've got a predator!
A small aggressive Crab can do major damage to a sleeping fish.
Sounds like you have a very determined one.

I'm sorry to hear the fish are gone but with how you take care of your reef, I'm sure you will remedy the situation.

My reef is doing good but I'm trying to get to great.
I changed out my lights to 4x kessil a360x's with 2x Reefbrite Lumilite Pros (actinic)
I started dosing Red Sea Trace Colors in an attempt to get better color from my corals and get stable abundant needed Trace elements in the reef at all times.
I also started dosing Aminos, hydrogen Peroxide at night and bacteria during the day.
I'm also setting up a Co2 scrubber. I'm waiting for the media to arrive.

I'm just trying to get the best I can out of my reef.

OP
OP
Wen

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've got a predator!
A small aggressive Crab can do major damage to a sleeping fish.
Sounds like you have a very determined one.

I'm sorry to hear the fish are gone but with how you take care of your reef, I'm sure you will remedy the situation.

My reef is doing good but I'm trying to get to great.
I changed out my lights to 4x kessil a360x's with 2x Reefbrite Lumilite Pros (actinic)
I started dosing Red Sea Trace Colors in an attempt to get better color from my corals and get stable abundant needed Trace elements in the reef at all times.
I also started dosing Aminos, hydrogen Peroxide at night and bacteria during the day.
I'm also setting up a Co2 scrubber. I'm waiting for the media to arrive.

I'm just trying to get the best I can out of my reef.
I used to dose Red Sea trace colors, but ran out and corals still looked good so I stopped. Need to do something, pry will go back to them.

currently I dose iron, KZ flatworm and RN phyto feast. Have a sample of brightwell aminos been wanting to try.

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to dose Red Sea trace colors, but ran out and corals still looked good so I stopped. Need to do something, pry will go back to them.

currently I dose iron, KZ flatworm and RN phyto feast. Have a sample of brightwell aminos been wanting to try.
I dose Brightwell CoralAmino. It's good stuff.
I switch between that and Acropower. I started using the Acropower because it does not need to be shaken before use so i can put it on the doser but I recently found the Brightwell can be put on a doser too.
They suggest you shake it but say you don't "have" to and it works well on a doser.

OP
OP
Wen

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple photos:
B103CEB2-7B23-429D-84B9-49CB58082847.jpeg
337AE33C-FDAB-4A4C-B39D-5FF29DA244E4.jpeg
668E33D7-770F-48A2-BBD4-8E57609D919D.jpeg

Been busy and neglecting the tank a bit.

The good- my 2 Cherry Coral torches are thriving, slimer getting taller, Oregon tort growing, nuclear sunset looks amazing, General Tso is transitioning and the neon leather is happier in its new location.

The bad-lost cherries jubilee, big snail died trapped in the base of the slime which caused base of slimer to die off (eye sore), I lost 2 pearlies to rouge crab, the Caribbean blue tang is an absolute HOG and needs a new home. Oh, slight Cyano outbreak in fuge and dt.

I am dosing:
Cal, Alk, mag, KZ Flatworm, RN phyto and Iron. Feel like I should dose a more complete mix, idk.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back