Wesman's 75 Gallon.

wesman42

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short I am a full time college student living in Michigan. My major is computer science, and I hope to one day invent items for our hobby to increasingly computerize the care of coral.

I work at Red Lobster (lol, I cook seafood). And I dump all of my extra cash into the hobby. I try to DIY whenever possible.

I have another 75 which will be FOWLR after I move some corals over.

I drilled the tank in 3 places. I have a Herbie drain setup, along with a 29 gallon tall sump with 1/4" glass baffles.

I have these items so far:

*2 Hydor Koralia 1150 w/ Wavemaker (will be upgraded to EcoTechs probably for Xmas)
*Bubble Magus Curve 5 Skimmer.
*Jebao 6500 DC controllable return pump.
*Cheapo 300w Chinese Light (Again, will be upgraded when I save the cash).
*JBJ ATO System.

Today, I just finished Aquascaping (I put it off until the tank was mid cycle, which might put me back a little, but it's when I had the time and money).

Sorry it's cloudy in the picture...the rocks were a little crumbly after putting them together.

Fat Mario on the front of the stand for good luck [emoji23][emoji16]

Better pictures on the way in the coming days! The lights were only on so I could take pictures.

20180918_224701.jpeg
1537325136637.jpeg
1537325119962.jpeg

Nicholas Dushynsky

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I'm not entirely sure yet. I know I want to swap out at least 2 of the 6 6500k with 20k. I wanted to swap out some of the maaaaaany many 470nm with some more diverse options. Just not sure on what to do with blues yet lol.
I was tempted to swap some blue for a couple violets and put the plues where a couple of the 6500 are. I would like to know the layout of the leds that are fitted as to me the whites dont look that dissimilar.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back