Western NY Reefers

Lazys Coral House

Scotty8284

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hey Jim! My grandparents are from Springville and my Aunts live in Amherst and Orchard Park. I know the area. You got a sweet fish store out there by the airport! I'm thinking about taking a drive one of these days and checking it out, I haven't been there in a while. Welcome back to the Hobby man, that's a long hiatus! I was gone for eight and I thought that was a long time. So glad to be back myself!

Thanks! Quick update. I've ordered my IM INT 100. It's scheduled to ship sometime in October. I went ahead and ordered my sump last week. After much back and forth, I decide to go with the Eshopps Alpha 300 (https://www.eshopps.com/filters/alpha-fuge/af-300). I know it's not one I've seen mentioned very often, but there were a number of features I liked, so I thought I'd give it a try. I've also been working on my aquascaping. I picked up 80# of dry rock, chiseled them down to smaller pieces, and have been busy gluing my structures together. I taped out the interior dimensions of the tank on my table, and have tried to make structures that will fit my ultimate stocking goals. My biggest concern is whether I scaled them correctly.

Next on my agenda is deciding which light and return pump fits my needs and budget.

I'm looking forward to hopefully meeting some of you eventually and getting any advice you'd be willing to offer.

Scotty8284

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Here's an update: tank, sump, lights, return pump, powerheads, sand and rock are in place. Next step: making water! If anyone has advice on what RODI system works well with our local water would be appreciated.

IMG_1727.jpeg IMG_1730.jpeg IMG_1769.jpeg IMG_1757.jpeg IMG_1758.jpeg IMG_1759.jpeg IMG_1760.jpeg IMG_1745 (1).jpeg

daybreaksky

View Badges
Reaction score
nice setup!
Any 4-6 stage RO/DI works pretty well. my tds is only 140 out of the sink and 4 before it hits DI. BRS stuff is quality. 75 gallon per day is the recommended standard but 100 may also be acceptable.
happy reefing

How do you feel about showing off your tank to "non-reefing" guests?

• I really enjoy it

Votes: 42 26.9%
  • I like it if they are interested

Votes: 88 56.4%
  • I really don't care either way

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • I don't like showing my tank to people who don't understand it

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.8%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Build Your Dream Aquarium Automation System!