OP
DLJTWO

DLJTWO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome man, thanks! I'm loving R2R so far... a lot of great people here and a ton of knowledge. it seems to be very active. I know a lot of saltwater groups are moving over to FB groups but I just can't go back to FB. LOL.

OP
OP
DLJTWO

DLJTWO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amen to that. I see there was an attempt made to draw some folks over here... hopefully that can still happen. I used to be very active on the "other" reef forum many years ago, then the Zoo project happened and honestly, the URS hadn't been the same since and I never understood why. It tore us apart but many won't admit that. :(

OP
OP
DLJTWO

DLJTWO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone... yes, being born in the ROC counts! Hey John!!! It's been a long time. Wow, it's good to know some local folks are on here. Sorry for the late reply, been so wrapped up with the holidays.

Jem45472

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If any of you buffalo locals would like to help a new guy out, I'll gladly accept. 125's been up for 2 years now while I have been gathering equipment. I'm working on getting nitrates down now and looking to fill it up with coral over the spring.
20161128_105711.jpg

Josh King

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If any of you buffalo locals would like to help a new guy out, I'll gladly accept. 125's been up for 2 years now while I have been gathering equipment. I'm working on getting nitrates down now and looking to fill it up with coral over the spring.
20161128_105711.jpg
I've got some frags for you when your ready. Green Montipora Caps and Kenya Trees growing everywhere.

Jem45472

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got some frags for you when your ready. Green Montipora Caps and Kenya Trees growing everywhere.
That sounds great, I'll take you up on that. I've learned quite a bit over the last couple years. My biggest hurdle now is probably going to be with placement. I'm just not sure how things will fill out and what kind of space everything needs. Going for a mix of a couple softies, and mainly lps, sps.

Bender

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

I've been on Reef Central for a couple years now, finally signed up for an account on R2R. I'm located in Orchard Park, NY. Just south of buffalo!

I've just restarted my Nuvo 24g a couple months ago. I am looking to go all SPS this time. If anyone has any frags for trade/sale i'd be interested.

OP
OP
DLJTWO

DLJTWO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope everyone has been having a great new year so far. I've literally been sick since the week after Christmas and just really getting back on my feet. The flu is going around bad here in Rochester and it seems like my 1-year old granddaughter has been Patient Zero when it comes to sharing the germs with the entire family. :)

It's great to see local folks on this site... @Jem45472 that's a beautiful setup you have there, keep us updated on it. I have so many "small" projects that I need to do on my 65g setup and I've just just trying to find the motivation. My Clown Goby gave me that extra push when he went missing yesterday and we located him in the corner overflow section. I've had that guy for over 8 years and I'd hate to lose him. LOL

Cjud7982

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to the r2r community and fairly new to the saltwater tanks. (Within the last few years and still making what seem like dumb mistakes) But I'm down in Olean about an hour and half south of buffalo. Not too many reefers around here that I know of lol.

OP
OP
DLJTWO

DLJTWO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's everyone doing? Hope you all enjoyed your 4th. I've been off the forum for a while since I got a promotion at work but things have settled down a bit.

Beefyreefy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Found this thread by chance... Figured I'd bring it back to life! Newer reefer here in Webster, NY just east of Rochester. I have actually only been here for a year. I lived outside Philadelphia my whole life until work brought my wife and I up to the snow belt, which happens to be a great place for reefing! Maybe it's the long winters driving us into the hobby. I have been in the hobby my whole life but it' been all fresh water and planted tanks until a few months ago. I bought a second hand 90 gallon tank that I've set up as a reef tank and I'm totally addicted. If I only had endless income! Anyhow, I'm glad to know the there are other Western NY reefers out there...

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 44 48.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 48 53.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.0%
Back