What’s more fish safe?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Joined
Sep 1, 2021
Messages
20,631
Reaction score
34,644
Location
United Kingdom (England)
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, I’ve been wanting another invert in my tank for a while, I went to my LFS and saw two inverts I like. Food isn’t an issue for one of them.
One was Alpheus randalli, and I have a yasha goby I’d like to try pair with a Randal’s pistol shrimp.
The other was a Mespilia globulus, I have 2 large urchins (White pincushion - Lytechinus variegatus). Getting them algae isn’t an issue, I have dried nori for it to eat.

The issue is, I have a miniscule goby - Discordipinna griessingeri. They don’t get over 0.75-1 inch long so my worry is that I add an invert and it has an expensive meal. Which one is less likely to do that?
 
I think urchins are definitely capable of eating small fish as well as a pistol shrimp but the pistols are opportunistic eaters and would only attack if the fish is already sick IME
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new