What’s the deal MD?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bam327

View Badges
Reaction score
My tanks 1 year anniversary is this week. This past year I bought all my hard goods from BRS with zero issues. Not a single one. I decided to share the love with another vendor because I think it’s important to have competition in any industry.
I have been saving my very hard earned money for some GHL equipment, a Profilux mega set and a KH Director with a SA dosing pump. I placed an Order with Marine Depot 10 days ago for ~$2100. Some of the items shipped right away like a box of salt and some GFO. We had some severe weather here last week and UPS has only delivered a box of salt so far. Understandable, but at least it’s in transit. Why have you not shipped my GHL equipment yet? I emailed you yesterday asking why it hasn’t been shipped and you can’t even respond to my email over 24 hours later? BRS gets back to me usually in 60 minutes if that. Why wasn’t there any warning about a delay to even begin the shipping process? I am beyond frustrated about being treated this way. I’m beyond frustrated that I have to take my complaints to a message board to hopefully be heard. We have choices in this hobby, and my choice will be to take my business elsewhere if this is how I’m going to be treated after you’ve taken thousands of dollars of my money.
This shipment requires a signature, so I can’t even plan ahead to be home to receive this because who knows when it’s going to get shipped. Be better.

Frozen Tundra Reef Dreams

View Badges
Reaction score
im opposite. Marine depot has been absolutely amazing. if it wasnt for shipping disaster right now, you would have your stuff. they are overwhelmed with inquiries I bet. BRS warehouse is in minnesota so maybe not.

I ordered a ato reservoir over a week ago and been stuck in GA. not Marine depots fault. My expectations are realistic. if it wasnt for weatherI would be ticked.

you chose a heck of a time to order from a place whos warehouse ships right through the bad weather hubs.

I agree there should be a disclaimer but dude. chillax. given another opportunity you will love marine depot.

OP
OP
Bam327

Bam327

View Badges
Reaction score
It’s not the shipping companies fault if the product hasn’t been shipped. Hence why I said that I understood why some items that DID ship are delayed. That’s not my issue. My issue is that it’s been 10 days and the large $ items haven’t even gotten to the shipping company and I can’t get a response from MD as to why. So I will “chillax” when I get some sort of answer here.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I use MD and stuff usually ships the same day.. actually they ship so fast I don’t have time to edit an order. I would say this is unusual but idk how they have been impacted.

OP
OP
Bam327

Bam327

View Badges
Reaction score
I tried yesterday briefly and couldn’t get through, so I emailed. I’m not taking issue with that either.
perhaps you’re right about the drop ship but I feel that is misleading to state that it’s in stock and shipping is 5-7 days.

Frozen Tundra Reef Dreams

View Badges
Reaction score
try again. and forwhats its worth,I would rather have my shipment delayed stillat warehouse, than stuck in ups hub somehwere.

my ato reservoir is who knows where. My skimmer I just ordered says ready for pickup for 3 days now. during non polar vortex aramageddon covid times, I would be ticked. but its peace ofmind knowing its at warehouse vs in limbo somewhere.

I think that UPS isnt even picking up like normal right now letalone, transferring from hubs like normal.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
No idea if this is the issue, but i was told on an order(from a different company) that fedex was so backed up they were refusing to even pickup packages(this was a few days ago).

In any case though i agree if you order something and it has not even shipped within a few days then they need to communicate with you.

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
My tanks 1 year anniversary is this week. This past year I bought all my hard goods from BRS with zero issues. Not a single one. I decided to share the love with another vendor because I think it’s important to have competition in any industry.
I have been saving my very hard earned money for some GHL equipment, a Profilux mega set and a KH Director with a SA dosing pump. I placed an Order with Marine Depot 10 days ago for ~$2100. Some of the items shipped right away like a box of salt and some GFO. We had some severe weather here last week and UPS has only delivered a box of salt so far. Understandable, but at least it’s in transit. Why have you not shipped my GHL equipment yet? I emailed you yesterday asking why it hasn’t been shipped and you can’t even respond to my email over 24 hours later? BRS gets back to me usually in 60 minutes if that. Why wasn’t there any warning about a delay to even begin the shipping process? I am beyond frustrated about being treated this way. I’m beyond frustrated that I have to take my complaints to a message board to hopefully be heard. We have choices in this hobby, and my choice will be to take my business elsewhere if this is how I’m going to be treated after you’ve taken thousands of dollars of my money.
This shipment requires a signature, so I can’t even plan ahead to be home to receive this because who knows when it’s going to get shipped. Be better.
Hi Bam327,

Thank you for your message and thank you shopping with us. I apologize for the delays and delay in reply. Our customer support team has received a large number of emails over the past few days and have been trying to catch up.

I spoke with customer support and got your order information and the GHL items both shipped from the manufacturer. The GHL KH Director & 4-Pump Doser Set is only shipped from the manufacturer, our order processing team grouped them both together. I apologize for that. Generally, GHL ships out within 3-6 business days, but they took a little longer than normal. Keith from our customer support team emailed you to provide you with the UPS tracking information (I don't want to provide it here for privacy purposes).

Again, I am terribly sorry for the delays and we hope you give us another chance in the future.

Best,
Amy @ Marine Depot

OP
OP
Bam327

Bam327

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi Bam327,

Thank you for your message and thank you shopping with us. I apologize for the delays and delay in reply. Our customer support team has received a large number of emails over the past few days and have been trying to catch up.

I spoke with customer support and got your order information and the GHL items both shipped from the manufacturer. The GHL KH Director & 4-Pump Doser Set is only shipped from the manufacturer, our order processing team grouped them both together. I apologize for that. Generally, GHL ships out within 3-6 business days, but they took a little longer than normal. Keith from our customer support team emailed you to provide you with the UPS tracking information (I don't want to provide it here for privacy purposes).

Again, I am terribly sorry for the delays and we hope you give us another chance in the future.

Best,
Amy @ Marine Depot
Thank you, I appreciate the response. I also completely understand that things can be running abnormally all around. It just started to feel like something was up with my order and I couldn’t get anyone to respond and it gave me a bad feeling. Not what I wanted after dropping that much money. If I would have got this response earlier I would not have been upset. Thanks for getting back to me. I will consider you for future purchases.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Glad your dilemma was resolved. I've ordered many times before from MD and my only complaint has been shipping time to Minnesota. Yes, I have BRS in my backyard & I buy a ton from them but BRS doesn't carry Mag pumps and other things. Both have excellent customer service.

Re: shipping - Between weather delays, the holidays & Covid - I'm surprised they even bother giving ETAs. Neighbor works for FedEx and says Covid shipments are priority #1 for bothe FedEx and UPS and both are running at the edge of their resources.

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
I had something weird happen with my latest BRS order where it showed in "picking" for 5 days. I called and they fixed it, but some sort of weird glitch nevertheless. Strange stuff happens everywhere I guess.

OP
OP
Bam327

Bam327

View Badges
Reaction score
Whatever. I order from Marine Depot every couple of weeks, and they're fantastic.
And to my address, generally much faster delivery than from BRS
Thanks for your $.02 and I’m so glad everything has been spot on for you

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I ordered twice in the past couple weeks. Both times I got a "shipped" notification very quickly. But when tracked, the package wasn't actually picked up until 3 or 4 days later. I live about 20 minutes away from them, so it's kind of frustrating. This was not free shipping either, I paid both times.

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I ordered twice in the past couple weeks. Both times I got a "shipped" notification very quickly. But when tracked, the package wasn't actually picked up until 3 or 4 days later. I live about 20 minutes away from them, so it's kind of frustrating. This was not free shipping either, I paid both times.
FYI Marine Depot no longer ships from Ca, only their offices are located here. They have two warehouses on in AZ. I don’t remember where the other one is. East coast somewhere.

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
FYI Marine Depot no longer ships from Ca, only their offices are located here. They have two warehouses on in AZ. I don’t remember where the other one is. East coast somewhere.
Really? Both shipments said they originated in Valencia, CA.

Back