What’s the nassaruis snail leaving along the glass?

Foggy Pirate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all so I have 2 nassarius snails. They hang in the sand mostly but every so often they will zip around the glass before either eating or just burrying themselves. However this snail
Has been in the corner of the tank all day and has left these werid feather like markings along the glass. I have touched them cause I don’t want to disturbed what ever it’s doing figured I’d ask the forums. Also sorry for the single picture. My camera won’t focus cause the water is clear and it’s focusing on my room out of like 25 pictures this was the clearest one.

21901052-F0E7-4D98-92CA-97030A408141.jpeg 5EEF4066-A108-4076-8961-629F474D9A8C.jpeg

OP
OP
Foggy Pirate

Foggy Pirate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok question…. Will they go full term
And hatch with my filters and such??? And I have two. Is one a male and female
Or can they change genders or do they have both sexual systems…. I don’t know anything more than keeping them alive lol.

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok question…. Will they go full term
And hatch with my filters and such??? And I have two. Is one a male and female
Or can they change genders or do they have both sexual systems…. I don’t know anything more than keeping them alive lol.
It'll take about a week to hatch, they'll be eaten immediately in your DT. It takes MONTHS for them to metamorphose into visible snails. To raise them you'd have to separate them into another very basic tank that you dose with phyto and have some algae growth in.

Sometimes you see some babies in your DT, that somehow, through the miracle of life, made it if you leave them.

OP
OP
Foggy Pirate

Foggy Pirate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It'll take about a week to hatch, they'll be eaten immediately in your DT. It takes MONTHS for them to metamorphose into visible snails. To raise them you'd have to separate them into another very basic tank that you dose with phyto and have some algae growth in.

Sometimes you see some babies in your DT, that somehow, through the miracle of life, made it if you leave them.
Ahh ok. I def don’t have the ability to get a tank to isolate them, but I’m happy the snails are happy enough to lay them so good sign! Thanks for the help!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 37 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 143 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.8%
Back