What’s this orange stuff?

bondno9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has been cycling for 3 days now and I’m noticing this orange color appearing on the crushed rocks where I glued the rocks together. I used marine epoxy and CA glue along with the crushed rock to glue the rocks. I used RODI water and instant ocean salt to make my water and dr Tim's one and only and dr Tim’s ammonia for the cycle. Why is the rock turning orange?

IMG_4983.jpeg

OP
OP
B

bondno9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s just algae, during the cycle you will get all kinds of algae it’s normal
I’m only seeing it where I glued the rocks together so I was wondering if it was a reaction to the salt water. Do you know when it’s ok to introduce copepods to the tank? Is it before or after the ugly phase?

xDMike

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can add copepods now, but there wont be anything for them to eat. I would wait a few weeks and make sure to get some phyto plankton to feed them.

Outlaw Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m only seeing it where I glued the rocks together so I was wondering if it was a reaction to the salt water. Do you know when it’s ok to introduce copepods to the tank? Is it before or after the ugly phase?
I don’t like to add anything until the cycle is complete and I did my water change. That’s when I start with the cleanup crew.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 47 21.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 161 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 5.0%
Back