Surfnskate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey There,

I’m Alex,
I bought my son an Fluval Evo 13.5 for his 10th Birthday. We’ve been learning about keeping a tank together and it’s been an awesome experience so far.

So far we have a pair of clowns, a shrimp, a handful of blue leg crabs dubbed “the little rascals”, and 4 coral frags (2 mushrooms, a small hammer, and something else I need to look up again :) ).

Glad to be here to learn from all of you.

Last edited:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

kados

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Alex! That is awesome. Those are great moments and memories being built. I remember my dad and I taking care of tanks as a kid. Now I'm doing the same with my daughters. I have my big predator fish only tank for me and the kids have a nano with pair of clowns, shrimp and hermits also. Enjoy the journey. We hope to hear more!

OP
OP
Surfnskate

Surfnskate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Alex! That is awesome. Those are great moments and memories being built. I remember my dad and I taking care of tanks as a kid. Now I'm doing the same with my daughters. I have my big predator fish only tank for me and the kids have a nano with pair of clowns, shrimp and hermits also. Enjoy the journey. We hope to hear more!
Hey thats awesome as well! I will be checking out the Orlando Living Reef flash sale today. Should be fun to be part of. Check it out if you’re able!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thats awesome as well! I will be checking out the Orlando Living Reef flash sale today. Should be fun to be part of. Check it out if you’re able!
You should go to the Fl frag swap in Lakeland next month. If you are looking to buy some coral, there are some really great deals (with no shipping cost) and tons of coral to see. My favorite buy last year was an Ultron favia for $25 ($150 at wwc and $90+shipping some other places). Get there early to get in the entry line because a ton of people show up and some things will sell out. There are videos on YouTube of previous swaps.
https://www.facebook.com/flfragswap/

1A-You'll fit right in 2.jpg

Last edited:

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey There,

I’m Alex,
I bought my son an Fluval Evo 13.5 for his 10th Birthday. We’ve been learning about keeping a tank together and it’s been an awesome experience so far.

So far we have a pair of clowns, a shrimp, a handful of blue leg crabs dubbed “the little rascals”, and 4 coral frags (2 mushrooms, a small hammer, and something else I need to look up again :) ).

Glad to be here to learn from all of you.

Hi Alex and Welcome! Glad you joined. This is a great family hobby and you are inspiring next generation of hobbyists!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Ormond Beach:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 45 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.4%
Back