What’s with my torch?

ItsNiQi

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2020
Messages
15
Reaction score
4
Location
Dunellen, NJ
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this torch for over 8 months and it’s been doing amazing but lately it hasn’t expanded as much. The tentacles are fat and wrinkly and look as if they’re twisting off. The color is more vibrant now which I find weird. It’s mouth is closed. It looks like there’s a lot of baby tentacles growing in. Anyone have any idea what it’s doing? I just want to make sure it’s not dying. Thanks!

172475C2-2471-45E3-BA73-D72792B576A3.jpeg E2BFA40A-FB23-483D-A8FC-869F2871A3D5.jpeg A8EECE28-876E-4E0A-B4AE-FB40B0FFA64C.jpeg 4E53EC21-BCB8-4429-BEB4-0BACE6DE67DE.jpeg
 
mine goes through phases like that. especially if an invert moves around it, if its handled, or changes in flow, or nutrients. I take it as something bothered it. usually bounces back the same or next day. if it stays that way I would check all my parameters, flow, lights for changes.
 
Thanks for the reply...it’s been that way for a couple of weeks now so I’m guessing it could be the lighting. Thanks!


mine goes through phases like that. especially if an invert moves around it, if its handled, or changes in flow, or nutrients. I take it as something bothered it. usually bounces back the same or next day. if it stays that way I would check all my parameters, flow, lights for changes.
 
Have you changed anything lately?

Flow?

Lighting?

Feeding?
 
Has their been any changes lately to lighting.
What’s your water parameters and how long have they been stable.
 
Since I’ve lowered the light and flow it seems to be doing better.

image.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new