What’s wrong with my clownfish?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sally3489
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sally3489

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2018
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After returning from a few days away I noticed that one of my clowns is very large.

The skin looks flaky and patchy underneath, and there is a clear ‘cyst’ on one side.

I have never seen anything like this before. Any ideas?

Thanks

46FBC20D-D566-4A30-B741-BDCA0C96C35D.jpeg 715E2AC0-8E39-4875-8359-659A7F03DD0A.jpeg
 
After returning from a few days away I noticed that one of my clowns is very large.

The skin looks flaky and patchy underneath, and there is a clear ‘cyst’ on one side.

I have never seen anything like this before. Any ideas?

Thanks

46FBC20D-D566-4A30-B741-BDCA0C96C35D.jpeg 715E2AC0-8E39-4875-8359-659A7F03DD0A.jpeg

I don't see anything that jumps out at me. Let's see if someone else can chime in.

#reefsquad?
 
Suspect it may be a coral sting that has not turned dark as in hypermelanization.
 
Thanks for your replies.
The clown does seems happy and healthy.

Would there be any explanation for it’s large belly/width?
It is hard to photograph but very obvious in real life.
 
Thanks for your replies.
The clown does seems happy and healthy.

Would there be any explanation for it’s large belly/width?
It is hard to photograph but very obvious in real life.

Either it ate too much or it's about to lay eggs.
 
Hard to tell from the pictures. My female occ gets a swollen belly right before she lays eggs; perhaps that.
 
Thank you. Unfortunately the clown has deteriorated overnight.

It is constantly resting and looks unwell; the skin is very irritated.
My other clown is bullying it.
I am afraid I might loose him.

Any help would be appreciated.
CB9B68AE-A61B-40A7-9BCC-BDAC11CE9A02.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new