What’s wrong with my clownfish

jimmypencil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this clown for about a week. The first day it seemed fine and swam normally in the drip container and in the tank. Starting on the second day (and still going on) it stays in the corner and swims at a tilted angle and doesn’t use its body. It looks like something’s wrong and I’m not sure if it’s swim bladder or something else. The fish hasn’t been eager to eat either. It has no spots or signs of disease (the spot in the video is sand from water change because it wasn’t there before the water change.)

what is the issue and how can I treat? Here are a couple videos (it’s the clownfish at the top), the first one is with flow on and the second one is with flow off.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I’ve had this clown for about a week. The first day it seemed fine and swam normally in the drip container and in the tank. Starting on the second day (and still going on) it stays in the corner and swims at a tilted angle and doesn’t use its body. It looks like something’s wrong and I’m not sure if it’s swim bladder or something else. The fish hasn’t been eager to eat either. It has no spots or signs of disease (the spot in the video is sand from water change because it wasn’t there before the water change.)

what is the issue and how can I treat? Here are a couple videos (it’s the clownfish at the top), the first one is with flow on and the second one is with flow off.

Clowns are very weak and I need closer and clearer pics as the coloration seem faded and may be due to brooklynella. If fish are not breathing heavily, you can give them a 5 minute freshwater dip for Temporary relief

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 44 32.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 36 26.7%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 26 19.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back