What’s wrong with my torch?

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a new tank, diatoms happen and people freak out. They’re short lived if you control your water quality (RODI). With zero phosphates, you are hurting the coral. But couple that with a mediocre LED and you’ll find it hard to keep all corals happy. Torch and other euphyllia are said to be really easy to keep by many but I’ve found that they are picky. Yes, they can do different types of lighting and flow but once they start to go, they don’t come back easily. Good luck with yours. It hasn’t bleached so you may be in luck.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0 phosphates are bad? I’ve never read anything that said phosphates were good. Everything I’ve read has said you want them at 0. Maybe I’m wrong as I am still new at this but I have been researching for about 4 months

Are you reading old sources? Always check the date.

0 Nitrate and 0 phosphate is an old outdated belief.

OP
OP
Funwithreefer

Funwithreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the advice. I’m going to
In a new tank, diatoms happen and people freak out. They’re short lived if you control your water quality (RODI). With zero phosphates, you are hurting the coral. But couple that with a mediocre LED and you’ll find it hard to keep all corals happy. Torch and other euphyllia are said to be really easy to keep by many but I’ve found that they are picky. Yes, they can do different types of lighting and flow but once they start to go, they don’t come back easily. Good luck with yours. It hasn’t bleached so you may be in luck.
pull some of the chemical media today and “dirty” up the tank. Haha. Btw, I did a dip on that torch yesterday and moved it down some in the tank and it already looks much better and is much more open than it was.

Neoalchemist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start making plans to upgrade or at least add to your lighting.!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back