What’s wrong with this Scoly?

SCH14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tried to get the best picture possible.

Does anyone know what these clear”ish” things are that’s coming out of the Scoly? IMG_2655.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2656.mov
    16.4 MB

Sesty22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sort of looks like its the skeleton of the Scoly peaking through the flesh. Following to see what others say.

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the outside edge or center? Pic is kinda blurry

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my first thought is also the skeleton, but the pic is a not clear enough to say for sure. It doesn't look too bad, but it looks weird flattened down like that. IDK

OP
OP
SCH14

SCH14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
my first thought is also the skeleton, but the pic is a not clear enough to say for sure. It doesn't look too bad, but it looks weird flattened down like that. IDK
Trying my best to get decent pictures

Attachments

• IMG_2678.mov
    12 MB
  • IMG_2679.jpeg
    IMG_2679.jpeg
    250.7 KB · Views: 77

Sesty22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still thinking skeleton is showing. Maybe try to feed it some benepets or reefroids with the bottle top method so it can take its time to eat with out anything trying to steal its food. Maybe try and put it in a shady area where it can rest.

I think I've also seen where they can have a pest in the skeleton that bothers them. Maybe a worm, I cant remember, but something to check into. I hope it gets better for you, its a nice looking coral!

OP
OP
SCH14

SCH14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm still thinking skeleton is showing. Maybe try to feed it some benepets or reefroids with the bottle top method so it can take its time to eat with out anything trying to steal its food. Maybe try and put it in a shady area where it can rest.

I think I've also seen where they can have a pest in the skeleton that bothers them. Maybe a worm, I cant remember, but something to check into. I hope it gets better for you, its a nice looking coral!
Thank you!

OP
OP
SCH14

SCH14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If that’s the scoly in white light, then it’s in trouble. Flesh is receding and skeleton is showing.

How long have you had it? Can you share more info on your tank?
Just got it from a friend last night, said it wasnt doing well in his frag tank (200g frag tank) and all his other corals were great (he has a store and wholesales). Alk: 8.4, 1350mag, 450 cal. 15 Nitrate and 0.05 Phosphate

QuarantinedCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say check the water parameters, if no coral look off or anything you should maybe try some dips. Dip the coral for bacteria and pests and maybe feed it, feeding definitely helps scolymias from my experience. Good luck!

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It clearly didn't like the other tank. Since you just got it last night, hard to tell if it's still recovering or also doesn't like your tank patterns. Give it about a week to see if it improves. If you dip out mess with it more, it just delays it's acclimation and ability to tell if there's something really wrong or it's water params. Just my thoughts.

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the white light pic taken out of water? Anyway it looks concerning especially the missing flesh on the inner polyp. I'd move it to shaded and low flow area as said above. Could something be picking on it? I also saw something similar on one of my barabattoias, though it died shortly after in my case...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back