What’s your take on a shoal of damsels ??

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Azures are beautiful and amazingly mild for damsels. They won't really shoal...at least mine didnt. They each established their own little cubby hole and defended it. Otherwise they ignored each other and the other fish

I have 5 Springeri and they are mellow so far and like you have each found their own area in the tank. I added them into my tank with several fish though so there was definitely a pecking order already established. They are a beautiful vibrant blue.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Springeri seem to be slightly more peaceful. They can be mixed. Either will be fine with your fish.

Bthomas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be ok to get a group of damsels and then add more to the mix later or would they all need to be added at one time?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as the new additions aren't grossly outnumbered or the existing species aren't a too aggressive species, adding a group after some are already in should be fine.

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wholeheartedly agree with those thoughts on the domino damsel... they can be pure evil. Such a pretty fish with amazing contrast. But man they are just vicious!!

Right now I have a single green/blue chromis and Talbott's damsel in my DT. Have a half black and two azures in QT as well. Provided that introduction goes well, I'll probably try to add about 4-5 more damsels of some variety. Tank is a 300DD.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Depends on the species being introduced, but starcki are generally more aggressive than other Chrysiptera species, and do better singly rather than multiples.
Just a single added to established wrasses and a few fang blennies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back