What additives are you using

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ross
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ross

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 15, 2013
Messages
305
Reaction score
229
Location
Lubbock Tx
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to get started dosing some tried and true, proven, successful additives for both color and growth. I have looked into zeo quite a bit, and it seems to be very successful when done right, but it also looks like a lot of work. I'm running an ULNS with non detectable nitrates and phosphates. I know getting these levels up would help but I just cant get them above 0 (salifert test kits). What are you using as additives to help with color/ feeding?
 
I would start by raising the phosphates and nitrates a little.
 
Man I have tried and tried, feeding extra, going longer without water changes, dosing potassium nitrate was the only thing that helped a little but I would like to be able to maintain without having to dose that stuff.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new