What am I looking at? (Dinos?)

jvjWonka

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 9, 2023
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
Location
Mars
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! First post and first serious tank. My tank is 4 months old, I’m seeing what I believe to be Dino’s. I have had very low nitrates and phosphates so increased feeding to help raise them. Bought a microscope to help identify what kind. But I have no idea what I’m looking at lol. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!!

Tank info:
Red Sea Nano Peninsula
HOB Refugium
ATO
Dosing tropic Merin all for reef
Added galaxy pods, Tiger pods, dos live phyto daily
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7551.MOV
    24 MB
If you can post some still photos of the microscope field there are some folks on here who can help id the stuff.

Video is not working for me.
 
Upvote 0
The cells in the video are diatoms (triangular/pointy) Also that large hungry beastie is a ciliate. they eat bacteria and tiny algae cells.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new