What anemones for a 20g (Red Sea Nano)?

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ah ok...for some reason I thought the blank squares meant 'unknown' so was only looking for the checkmarks.

I saw a comment on the first page that mentioned BTAs and Malus being ok with each other. ;)

I don't know that anyone in the hobby truly understands the mechanics of anemone warfare (i.e. through allopathy) though, just that it can happen from time to time. I just remember watching nature videos as a kid and seeing coral colonies and anemones going to war in the wild with other colonies. It's pretty intense and kind of gruesome watching them extrude their guts all over each other!

My guess is that YMMV depending on the individual anemones in the tank. For instance, that chart says Gigs and Mags can't tough each other, but I've seen photos of tanks where they are mounted literally on top of each other and getting along splendidly!

Some reefers, like myself, tend to keep GAC on hand to circumvent any chemical warfare should it occur. Some reefers run it 24/7 for the same reason!

Personally, I'm also trying to remove the BTAs in my system because I've anecdotally read some accounts of allopathy in other keepers tank, though I really just want to create more space for my centerpiece nems and return to a mixed reef with SPS!

Good luck!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 63 34.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 32.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back