What APEX stuff am I getting?

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m set to pick up a 65 gallon tank set up in the next couple days. Part of the set up includes Apex gear. Any help in identifying what may be included? Looks like part is the Apex itself, the energy bar and the ATO. These are the only pics at the moment (sellers pics)
Thanks in advance.
CB02E05B-E555-4B56-8516-7617D0FEB29F.jpeg
8BC5097D-2649-4444-BC27-2E3E562CD999.jpeg

jassermd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you got the following:
EB832 (The power bar)
Apex (Main brain)
ATO w/ PMUP, including the FMM module that runs the ATO and attaches to the Apex

I don't see the probes. You should have at least 2, and most likely 4: Temp, pH, ORP, and salinity (conductivity). If you don't have those, you can easily pick them up from BRS or Neptune direct.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the Apex-EL, which has fewer ports than the full Apex 2016 model. The Apex-EL ships with the EB832 EnergyBar, a temperature probe, and a pH probe.

If you want the salinity probe or ORP probe (mentioned by @jassermd above), you'd need to purchase those probes separately, and the extra modules to plug them in (PM1 for ORP and PM2 for salinity).

Read my Apex Hardware Overview article for more details on all the available modules and accessories:

And be sure to follow the instructions in this FAQ about transferring a used Apex:

Once you have the basics set up, take a look at my whole series of Apex tutorials to get the most out of your new system:

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I appreciate it!

Edit: I’ll take a look at those articles. I figured there had to be something with the transferring of the apex as far as being “assigned” so that’s definitely good info

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright so I got this tank picked up. It’s the APEX EL, with the auto top off and pmup and FMM module. Also got a WAV as well. The only thing is I think I need calibration fluid (found that at BRS) and I’m looking at getting an extra module for the Salinity. Where would I get that? I tried looking on BRS but I think I overlooked it or something cause All I could find were the full systems

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back