What are my clowns doing?

Clownshow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I noticed my clowns acting really hyper today and set up my camera on their corner and they were doing this. What are they doing?

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guess and it’s only a guess is it’s a dominant thing, they both look the same size from the video or is one bigger?

They look great tho have to say.

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it looks to me like they are either in the process of laying eggs, or they are preparing their nest and cleaning the surface of where they will place the eggs. Look and see if you can find any eggs, but theyre very small so be careful not to crush them if they are there.

OP
OP
Clownshow

Clownshow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it looks to me like they are either in the process of laying eggs, or they are preparing their nest and cleaning the surface of where they will place the eggs. Look and see if you can find any eggs, but theyre very small so be careful not to crush them if they are there.
I just looked and there are no eggs yet.

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just looked and there are no eggs yet.
Then they are getting ready to lay eggs. I believe I was them nipping at the rockwork, thats them pulling algae off to get the surface nice and clean. If they do lay eggs what do you think you'll do with them?

OP
OP
Clownshow

Clownshow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then they are getting ready to lay eggs. I believe I was them nipping at the rockwork, thats them pulling algae off to get the surface nice and clean. If they do lay eggs what do you think you'll do with them?
Not sure, it would be fun to raise them but I have only raised freshwater angelfish before.

Leemcg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure as heck looks like they are prepping a spot for eggs. Even though clowns tend to do Strange things out of sheer weirdness/ craziness, I don’t think that’s the case here.

OP
OP
Clownshow

Clownshow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure as heck looks like they are prepping a spot for eggs. Even though clowns tend to do Strange things out of sheer weirdness/ craziness, I don’t think that’s the case here.
Yeah I have seen the clean the rock before, but today they were really agressivly cleaning it.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 44 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back