What are some of the prettiest reef safe fish you have in your tank.

OP
OP
ajhudson15

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I face this question, I ask myself "how many times do I live?" followed closely by "do I have enough room on my credit card for it?" :rolleyes:
Its so funny because that's almost exactly how I make big purchases lol. usually followed by I can always donate plasma for $220/month but I never follow through with it lol

rstrann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a wonderful experience with my Valentini puffer, but he was nippy at snails at first. They adjusted and now only come out at night. I have him in a mixed 30 gallon with sps, lps, softies and palys\zoas. My prettiest fish, however, would have to be my Potter's angel or my Bartlett's anthias.

kchristensen8064

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its so funny because that's almost exactly how I make big purchases lol. usually followed by I can always donate plasma for $220/month but I never follow through with it lol
Haha, that's funny I completely fund my reef addiction by donating plasma! It's the only way my wife was okay with it. [emoji6]

OP
OP
ajhudson15

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't mind spending an hour 2 days a week to make 200 a month but I have a hard time making it their with the kids lol. Im really looking at getting a honeycomb puffer but im nervous that my sps might take a hit.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only had it for a few weeks in the DT, but the Midas blenny is by far the star of the tank right now. Also a HUGE, MOODY CHICKEN, even worse than the Tomini tang in my other tank!

Mike Reef Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Royal gramma: they have great personality, they rule the tank like a king, they tend to dart in and out of caves and are sometimes aggressive, mine will occasionally peck at my cleaner shrimp during feeding time and used to get snippy with anyone who got to close to his cave. Great fish all in all. Here is a picture of mine:

8D1C638F-BFB0-48BD-9C5A-F56239698B0B.jpeg

B5BE8BD6-11A1-4632-A185-7C3DB5E007F4.jpeg
I think I may bring one home Friday!

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orchid dottyback, RG and orange back fairy wrasse - lot of of purple and orange, reef safe and compatible.

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say. My yellow tang almost glows. My Kole tang has a nice restrained set of colors. My Bengai cardinals have that nice black and white.

XNavyDiver

Insightful answer loading... please wait.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another fan of the royal gramma. Very peaceful but a bit shy. Mine is a total porker. I've got 2 female Bartletts anthias on the way. Looking forward to seeing how they will fair with the current zoo.

Kmsutows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always loved marine betta, but every one I've had over the decades is either (A) always hiding, or (B) very aggressive towards smaller fish and shrimp.

Midas blenny (and many other blennies) are an _excellent_ choice for a reef.

My marine betta can always be seen in my 150gal, has never gone after any fish (I have tiny ventralis anthias too) or shrimp, and they are basically immune to disease from what I've read they've never been documented with ich

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my starry blenny but he is just killing some of my lps by throwing sand all over them. He will probably end up in the 220 as well. Anyone ever had any good experience with puffers. I would love to add a small one like the honeycomb. I have had a few in other tanks with inverts and they never bothered them but I don't want my cuc in my reef to start disappearing

I had no idea that Starry's "landscaped" so much... he picks over my sand bed and will kick up a dust storm anytime I rearrange his sand after a cleaning.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back