What are the most annoying things non-reefers say when looking at your tank?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bradders

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my personal favourites ' it can't be that hard or expensive, the water comes out of the tap! ' idiots.

gaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have fish as my friends![emoji20]I'll quote the shark from finding nemo ''fish are friends not food''LOL

Vaughn17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several people commented that my Fathead anthias looked like a goldfish. Other friends thought that my corals were plastic ornaments.

jasonandsarah

Sticks, sticks and more STICKS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Are those alive????"
And my wife still to this day when I'm fragging stuff. "what does it feel like?......Can I touch it?" And I've had the tank for 2 1/2 years! Lol

Mike in CT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most annoying to me is when they don't notice it at all! I have had people come over and my my tank is front and center, and while it's not the greatest tank, it looks nice when it's spruced up. How come some people can't notice this light blue glowing thing with colorful creatures swimming around and not even acknowledge it.
Maybe they think it's just a screen saver or something???
Cuz hey, we all like talking about our tanks, and our family is sick of hearing about it!

D maul

Well know lightsabre
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One lady asked if she could smell the water which was quite odd. Then asked why doesn't your water smell fishy like my goldfish bowl?

JedClampett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I said I feed my anemone, my friend was like what do you mean isn't it a plant

Eel Steve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Oh! Look! There's Nemo! Now where's Dory?" and other things our non-reefing friends say that just make us cringe (or fume)...

What are the those things that annoy you that your non-reefing friends say or ask when looking at your tank?

Finding Nemo was an amazing movie that is factually correct, teaches kids and adults about sea life, and teaches about conservation.

Don't be ticked you didn't think to put a hippo tang in with your nemo.

Big Larr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had bought a new couch that had to be taken apart to fit in the door and the furniture store guy was holding a Dewalt drill with a Phillips head but in the end of it poking at my tank about a half inch away from the front glass while talking about his clown fish and I was like 2 seconds away from having to bury him

Fish Preach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard a lady tell her friend ...when talking about an condalactic anenome, those things will hurt you, real bad they can even kill you!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back