Reefers! What is Your Profession?!

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Podiatrist, hard work but someone got to cut those toenails :face-with-tears-of-joy:
genuinely curious, why a podiatrist instead of some sort of other doctor? Less school and more life than getting an MD? I know that’s why I decided to get into real estate than becoming a doctor. Always wanted to be a pediatric cardio thoracic surgeon because I had heart surgery when I was a baby but being done with school and residency well into my 30s, no thanks.

InvictusReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What’s up Reefers!
We can’t all be Marine Biologists or Oceanographers, our lives take us on different paths sometimes. I’m a Journeyman Millwright of 20 years, basically an industrial mechanic. My super power is the ability to look at mechanical things that fail or need servicing, and figure out how to do so.

This ability and training allows me to diagnose and rectify many mechanical issues with reef tanks. I am also conditioned to perform regular maintenance routines on my tanks as well.

So my question to you is, what is YOUR profession, and how does it help you with reefing? :thinking-face:
I’m a Process Engineer at a Tier 1 Automotive parts supplier. I design the process and recipes that are needed to produce good part castings. We do Aluminum die cast btw. Being an engineer is is blessing and a curse. I look at everything and want to improve it or redesign it but I am methodical in everything I do so reefing is the perfect hobby/business for me.
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5845.jpeg
IMG_5845.jpeg
IMG_5847.jpeg
IMG_5840.jpeg

Readywriter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was a fire fighter in NY and then a combat corpsman (1st Battalion 9th Marines). Left the military in 2010 when I was 23, floated around some dead end jobs for a while, fully retired in 2015 (when I was 29). Now I spend my time in ministry with a focus on helping veterans and first responders overcome ptsd.

encrustingacro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HS senior. I plan on going into engineering for college and then possibly starting either a reef equipment or dive camera company, but the latter two are far off in the future. I sort of also want to go into marine biology and study corals, but I know that doesn't make a lot of money.

topjimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s up Reefers!
We can’t all be Marine Biologists or Oceanographers, our lives take us on different paths sometimes. I’m a Journeyman Millwright of 20 years, basically an industrial mechanic. My super power is the ability to look at mechanical things that fail or need servicing, and figure out how to do so.

This ability and training allows me to diagnose and rectify many mechanical issues with reef tanks. I am also conditioned to perform regular maintenance routines on my tanks as well.

So my question to you is, what is YOUR profession, and how does it help you with reefing? :thinking-face:
Sys Admin

Minifoot77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was a fire fighter in NY and then a combat corpsman (1st Battalion 9th Marines). Left the military in 2010 when I was 23, floated around some dead end jobs for a while, fully retired in 2015 (when I was 29). Now I spend my time in ministry with a focus on helping veterans and first responders overcome ptsd.
Semper fi doc I was an enlisted marine from 99 to 07

CyberNinjaZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, no wonder I find reefing expensive, I don't make nearly what 90% of you do, lol

Hvac technician. Maybe my state is the problem

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back