Reefers! What is Your Profession?!

FUNGI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a nurse anesthesiologist (CRNA). I think I love reefing because it allows me to think and make micro adjustments to make my tank look and run better. Same nature as keeping someone stable during surgery. Micro adjustments and tweaking.
Nice!!!! A connection for cheap Jorvet Soda Lime!!!!

Joe.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m Dir of North American Sales for a software company that specializes in weather graphics for TV stations/networks. My degree is in meteorology.

I have an environmental affinity with my meteorological background that’s given me a natural curiosity of the fish and corals. But I think the real impact of my job on my reef was selling my wife on the initial startup costs and continuing to resell her every time I add a new fish or coral. She also gets to name the fish.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big Boy job, I worked for New World Van lines briefly in the early 90's. That's hard work!!!
Actually moving stuff is a big boy job for sure and props to you for doing it. It's not easy. I, on the other hand, do no actual work, I'm on the sales side. I just show up at your house and talk for a living. It's fun to meet people and help them solve their problems though. Everything I do is Interstate and moving house from one state to another has a ton of logistics and most people don't realize how much.

Blaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Seal Bricklayer for 12 years. Now a Paramedic.

Bricklaying helped me with the building side if things (stand, plumbing etc.), and my love and interest of biologie and science from my current job helps me dealing/researching problems with my tank.

Remi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ERP Manager for a large construction company. Got opportunity to travel around the world. But too many figures to look at during the day and not enough time to visit properly.

mylittlejade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Materials Engineering is my background, and currently sit as the Director of Materials Testing and Failure Analysis.

This is a great thread!

Bryan

Wolperthinger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sysadmin at a hospital. Jack of all trades in the IT field but master of none. I love powershell, and I'm usually "the guy" when things are on fire or not working.

Like others with an IT background have stated, it's helped me with tank automation and networked monitoring tools. I'm also planning on adding a POE camera to my tank so I can watch my tank from anywhere on my home security system.

Happy to be here and enjoy this hobby with you all!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back