Reefers! What is Your Profession?!

sqznest

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Systems Engineer focused on automation. Gear Head.

Wife and I breed Chow Chows (1 litter a year or so) and Exotic Shorthair cats as a side hobby.

Attachments

• 20210622_005303.jpg
    20210622_005303.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 20231128_190113.jpg
    20231128_190113.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Untitled (1).jpg
    Untitled (1).jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 24

Amiller295

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Physician, radiologist (with focus on body MRI). Luckily I get to work from home sometimes! More tank time!

Quintin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a cyclical business so it all depends on where you start the clock! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
As long as you catch it at the top, going short or bottom going long you are good. It’s guessing where the top and bottom are that make things interesting. Was an FX spot trader many years ago before going into IT.

JulesH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a Hydrographer by profession. I normally use high resolution sonars to map the sea bed, sometimes the sonar is mounted on a vessel, an ROV or an AUV. I have to have a good knowledge of the acoustic properties of saltwater, mainly based on salinity, density and temperature. I have a pretty good knowledge of Oceanography which I find fascinating. My aim is to get more familiar with the chemistry of seawater along with its relationship with marine biology.

Attached is an image of a wreck off the coast of the Netherlands. It is a high resolution multibeam echo sounder image, it shows the amount of detail you can 'see' acoustically.

prelim wreck.gif

MtlReef25

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread! I am director of customer service and lens procurement for a large optical corporation in Canada. Also graduated in biology and French literature.

jonnywink

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Retired Chief Probation Officer. Loved having aquariums while in college and afterwards for a while, so since I’m now retired I decided to revive the hobby and introduce my grandkids into the fun at the same time they are learning about it.

Last edited:

jonelder68

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
35 years as an auto mechanic, I hate it and I'm out in a few more. My abilities to problem solve help me with maintaining my reef tank. Interesting to see there are so many different professions here.

I consider my skills as an expert coral killer to be my second career path lol.
Same here! The industry has gone down the toilet. Trying to find my way out but not sure what else I can do…

tigre44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plant manager for roofing asphalt for 35 yrs then asphalt area manager for oil refinery for last 8 yrs

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here! The industry has gone down the toilet. Trying to find my way out but not sure what else I can do…
klc said:
35 years as an auto mechanic, I hate it and I'm out in a few more. My abilities to problem solve help me with maintaining my reef tank. Interesting to see there are so many different professions here.

I consider my skills as an expert coral killer to be my second career path lol.
25 years in the Automotive Industry, last 10 have been on the wholesale side of auctions and inspections.

My company is completely online only, a virtual auction house for dealers....instead of taking cars to brick and mortar places, we show up do inspections, 56 photos, OBDII Scans, record the engine and do an undercarriage video, list all the damages and any mechanical or electrical issues and launch a live online only auction for dealers only right from their lot.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 29 17.0%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 71 41.5%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 25 14.6%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 36 21.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 5.8%
Back