Reefers! What is Your Profession?!

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did. I worked in Manhattan for about 46 years as a commercial construction electrician and started counting down about 44 days before I retired. I used to take the Long Island Rail Road every day and you normally sit on the same train on the same car every day so you get to know the people.

The last two years before I retired, every time I got on the train, all the people would yell out: "HOW MANY DAYS?"

Also while I was in Viet Nam we all had what was called a Short Time calendar. It had 365 places on it to color in and every day you filled in one. I think I still have it. I spent my life counting down. Now that I retired, I won. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Paul I would love to see your Short Time Calendar. Was it makeshift or a traditional drawing?

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been a CNA, had an EMT license but didn't do anything with it, and had nursing school experience but realized it wasn't for me. Now I do advertisement/marketing. Pretty vastly different career paths but I enjoy this more than what I did at the hospitals I worked at

Curly11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Multi-speciality Outpatient Clinic Executive. Having a tank has helped me learn to quarantine and manage the cohabitation of differing physicians in one tank building.

Quintin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Senior Software Solutions Architect, designing, implementing and integrating to real-time financial payment systems worldwide.

Moved to the US in 2019 and due to extensive travel for work, have not had a tank since 2016 but back in the game again.

Having the tank stops me from purely dreaming in code and gives me a bit of time to get my hands wet and dirty.

Love the technology aspect of it and gives me a bit of time to also integrate my own apps and code to try and automate the heck out of the tank.

Also an avid reader and love building up knowledge, so gives me a bit of time to research, read up and apply what I’ve learnt on the creatures and critters in our small part of the ocean.

Tuna Melt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work at a diversified investment manager, the type of place people colloquially refer to as a “hedge fund”. I specialize in private equity and credit investments in energy companies.

Quintin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work at a diversified investment manager, the type of place people colloquially refer to as a “hedge fund”. I specialize in private equity and credit investments in energy companies.
You guys must have made a killing since 2022.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back