What are these bright orange speck spawns?

johntdaballa

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2016
Messages
376
Reaction score
304
Location
HOUSTON, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke up this morning to find my tank covered in these bright orange specks . I have mostly lps and mushrooms . Are these possibly jawbreaker spawns?

335DABC9-3F2E-412E-A290-6576185C8C99.jpeg 4A148F33-207E-440B-B514-5CB87238CD6F.jpeg 8F64E614-F6C4-4B83-B4D5-BE4A0000794A.jpeg
 
I had similar fluorescent blobs show up that matched the two predominant colors of my Ricordas (green and orange). Kept seeing them for months and I tried to get them to settle on pieces of live rock rubble, but no luck:

Flourescent Blobs in a Shotglass_051217.jpg


Do you have hermit crabs? When my pair of Dwarf Zebra Hermits passed, that's when I noticed that the blobs stopped appearing. Might be coincidence, but it's possible that they were nipping off the Ricordia's tentacles tips at night.

If they are a true mushroom spawn, then they should settle out in a few days and stay attached to the rock.
 
May be speckled krakatoa zoa coral
 
I had similar fluorescent blobs show up that matched the two predominant colors of my Ricordas (green and orange). Kept seeing them for months and I tried to get them to settle on pieces of live rock rubble, but no luck:

Flourescent Blobs in a Shotglass_051217.jpg


Do you have hermit crabs? When my pair of Dwarf Zebra Hermits passed, that's when I noticed that the blobs stopped appearing. Might be coincidence, but it's possible that they were nipping off the Ricordia's tentacles tips at night.

If they are a true mushroom spawn, then they should settle out in a few days and stay attached to the rock.

I don't have any hermits in my tank. would be nice to be jawbreaker spawns all over lol. Will update if these develop . its all over the tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new