what are these worms/snails ?

rajadrd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have these 2 types of snails/ worms on my goniopora . are these harmful or beneficial?

i also have this algae,what type of algae is this? and this is the only algae in my tank, i have turbos,trochus and nerites and none of them seem to eat this algae.

thank you in advance and this is my first post on this forum :)
aaa.jpg
bbbb.jpg
cccc.jpg

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't tell you what they are. But my best guess is, they are there to eat your algae and not your coral.

cloak

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first picture looks kind of like a Peanut worm. The blue arrows in the second and third picture look like they're pointing toward a Vermetid snail.

HOOPDEEZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome! I agree that the first pic looks like a peanut worm, although without seeing the ends of it, I can’t be 100%. The other things look like spirorbid worms, or if they are larger than I’m thinking, then they could be feather dusters. Perhaps googling those 2, you can confirm. Doesn’t look like anything to be alarmed about

OP
OP
R

rajadrd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you for your replies , i searched vermetid snails and thats definitely what i have ,so thanks for the id cloak.

now the worm in the first pic doesnt look like peanut worm i see on google images but im not really worried about it since i will be getting a yellow coris wrasse which should make a quick meal out of it.

can anyone id the algae? i used to have hair algae ,which i got rid of after installing an ATS but this algae is always present on that specific rock, it doesnt spread to other rocks and none of my snails seems to be interested in eating it.
so it would be very helpful if you can ID it and also suggest me something that will actually eat the algae.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 125 42.7%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 101 34.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 47 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back