What are these?

Amanda_Thomasz27

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 13, 2020
Messages
21
Reaction score
4
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to identify this “thing”. I noticed it about a week ago and idk if it is a baby anemone or what. It could have been on this rock all along since we have bought it and we are just now are noticing. We currently have 2 anemones in our tank

F771990F-C292-44FD-93FD-42D38EA0D34C.jpeg
A876A2DF-8FCE-49D7-B0E0-807579FE80BC.jpeg
7F585722-8726-4245-8725-A49A4A78FDE1.jpeg
 
It's a pest anemone, generally not desired in our aquarium because they can rapidly multiply and compete for food and space. Since it's an anemone it's tentacles can sting other corals.

They hitchhike on live rock and corals.

I had a single aiptasia once and removed the rock completely. Didn't want to take any chances. Apparently, when they die, they will release spores, dividing further.

Here are some options below for dealing with them. I've never used these methods.
AiptasiaX
Lemon juice
Glue
Peppermint shrimp
Filefish
Butterfly fish
 
It's a pest anemone, generally not desired in our aquarium because they can rapidly multiply and compete for food and space. Since it's an anemone it's tentacles can sting other corals.

They hitchhike on live rock and corals.

I had a single aiptasia once and removed the rock completely. Didn't want to take any chances. Apparently, when they die, they will release spores, dividing further.

Here are some options below for dealing with them. I've never used these methods.
AiptasiaX
Lemon juice
Glue
Peppermint shrimp
Filefish
Butterfly fish

okay I definitely want to get rid of it the proper way and successfully without multiplying. I could buy a few peppermint shrimp and see if that helps first. But I will do some research on this. Thank for letting me know all of this!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new