What are thooooose?

Reefing Reefer

If you build it, reefs will come
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2020
Messages
161
Reaction score
167
Location
Sherman Oaks
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve recently had an outburst of critters in the return section of my nano aquarium. My water parameter haven’t changed, livestock is happy, so I’m left wonder what these are and if I should remove them by cleaning out the return chamber.

Any and all insight and suggestions are much appreciated.

D8DBAAB1-DFA6-455D-9E60-095571FE5916.jpeg CD9C0E57-45A4-4020-B49B-2307EFE3932C.jpeg 59FC1330-93FB-4673-8F05-52E06AE85180.jpeg
 
I’ve recently had an outburst of critters in the return section of my nano aquarium. My water parameter haven’t changed, livestock is happy, so I’m left wonder what these are and if I should remove them by cleaning out the return chamber.

Any and all insight and suggestions are much appreciated.

D8DBAAB1-DFA6-455D-9E60-095571FE5916.jpeg CD9C0E57-45A4-4020-B49B-2307EFE3932C.jpeg 59FC1330-93FB-4673-8F05-52E06AE85180.jpeg
Pineapple sponge. Good guys.
 
No, they almost look like eggs?
Probably pineapple sponges or sea squirt type things. I have a few on my heater. They looked a little like baby stomatella snails but that ruled them out :)
 
+1 on pineapple sponge and harmless filter feeder
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new