What are you controlling with your GHL controller?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my GHL and am looking forward to getting it up and running. I'm wondering what everyone is actually running with their GHL?

I plan on running Heat, cooling, dosing, failures and voltage issues. But beyond that I’m guessing the sky is the limit.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I basically have everything plugged into my profilux and/or dosers besides my return pump.

powerheads, lights, ato, awc's, dosing, probes, khd, heaters, fans, auto feeder, mixing station, etc...

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah, I also run 2 separate systems off my profilux. One is a 2 part based system and the other is Calcium reactor ran. Multiple tanks, 2 completely separate systems.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sky is the limit,
  • Some of the things I have mine doing is controlling the Cabinet lights, when I open the Cabinet the lights turn on, or if I do maintenance mode the lights all turn on.
  • Power outage adjustments with Power Cut, my Pumps reduce in power, lights dim more when the power is out.
  • Notifications every 2 hours about my tank health.
  • Refill my ATO station, control of the booster pump and UV setup on my ATO station
  • Skimmer Cleaning, overflow protection if sump to high :)
  • Return Pump control via the 1-10 volt port
  • All my Tunze Pumps on the one tank
  • All my Vortechs on the other tank :)
  • Redundant Heater control, Chiller Control
  • Dosing, Dosing and More Dosing (3 part, Food)
  • AWC, and ATO
  • Co2 Solenoid for CA Reactor
  • UV Lighting on the Tanks
  • Simulation light Bars for Moon Light, and GHL Light Bars V2 for Lights.
Just a few of the things :)

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone have their EcoTech Back up battery being monitored through Prof4? For power outages, I'd like to get an alert sent to my phone that not only alerts power outages but also shows me the remaining power for the Battery Back up. It would be nice to also check stored power for my back up battery from time to time.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only things I truly have my P4 controlling are the primary heater, backup heater and cooling fans (PropellerBreeze). I use the Heater and Substrate Heater functions for the heaters and have logic to protect from a false low temperature reading. Link to Heater Control in Build Thread

My other equipment is controlled by it's own built in controller. (e.g. Tunze powerheads, skimmer, ATO and LX7 light)

I do however have several functions setup up to turn equipment on/off for maintenance modes or delay it's startup following a maintenance mode or return of power.

I also have a level sensor for the AIO chamber that will turn off one return pump, skimmer and ATO on a low level. Link to Post in Profilux Logic Thread

I have all of the outlets on my Powerbars, with exception of the heaters, default ON if communication is lost with the P4.

shoggoth43

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently just the lights and the Tunze nanostreams. Once I figure out how to get the nanostreams to do what I want them to do, I'll probably add the CO2 with pH control and look into some automated water changing options. I also have to figure out the email notifications. Once the doser arrives it'll be put to work in short order.

Aheinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm interested in ghl controllers (still trying to wrap my brain around the costs ) but the profilux 4 mega set seems to be the best bang, so conductivity, ph, and temp I would be able to run my heaters off of the power bar, as well as if I wanted to pumps or lights. But I would also want to get the doser 2.1 4 pumps for dosing. What else would you considere to run or use on it that would make it better towards buying it (also when I'm out of town I can monitor levels )

Back