Profilux Programmable Logic Usage & Examples

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dive Dive

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to GHL programmable logic. I would like to delay my skimmer start following a feed pause or when I set a specific time. Would appreciate any examples out folks are using.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you asking to delay it even beyond the feed pause or to delay based on a feed pause?

And when you choose a specific time you could make one of the maintenance modes only turn off your skimmer and nothing else.

I have a sample in the thread below about 1/2 the page using the feed mode and th maintenance mode on my skimmer.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/switching-controllers.316106/page-11

Dive Dive

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I would like to do:
1. Delay skimmer by 120 sec when in feed mode
2. Delay skimmer by 120 sec during a certain times of the day
Hope you can help.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Open my GCC Desktop Software

Set a Feed Pause

Click on Extra
Click on Feed Pause

Since I already have one set up I am going to set this one up specific to your task.

I will be doing this on #4
feedpause.png

Settings Below:
Click on the check box next to #4
Duration Feedpause [min]: 2
Description in GCC : Skimmer Pause
Timer Activates (Leave as None)
Description in Profilux: Skimmer Pause

Click Save Changes

Set a Timer

I was not sure what time of day you want the skimmer off so please replace the timer intervals to what you need them to be

Click on Process menu
Click on a timer of your choosing
Form this demo I am using Timer 21
timer21A.png

Click New:
On Your Switchpoint:
Start: 12:00am
End: 6:00pm
Click Ok

Menu Should update with a Green Bar from 00:00 to 18:00
timer21B.png

Click New Again

On your Switchpoint
Start: 6:02pm
End: 11:59pm
Click Ok

Graph is going to update like the picture below
timer_DD.png

Set your Descriptions to Skimmer Paused

Set your Daymodes by clicking the days of the week M-F (Updated Screen shot below)

test_DDD.png

Click Save Changes in the menu

Set your Programmable Logic
Click on Programmable Logic on the Menu (Down on the List)

Choose the Gate you want to use for this logic for me I am using G13
Click G13 and then choose Edit
Input 1: Timer 21 (This was the Timer with the 2 Minute Outage)
Input 2: Filter 4 (This was the Feed mode that we set to 2 minutes on)
Function: AND
Description Skimmer Pause
skimmer_pausing.png

Click Save Changes

Now we need to Apply the logic to the Skimmer Outlet

Click on System Menu and choose Switch Channels and Outlets

Click on the Switch Channel (Outlet) your skimmer is plugged into. for my example it will be Outlet 30

Function: Programmable Logic
Drop down Value 13
Click Save

Outlet_1.png

I hope this is what your looking for :)
If you hit the Feed 4 button the skimmer will pause for 2 minutes
The Skimmer will also pause for 2 minutes between the times of 6:00pm and 6:02 PM

Last edited:

DiveDive

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Tried this. But what I really need is more the skimmer to delay turning on by two minutes after 10 min of feed pause with return pump off. I also feed at 7pm for 10 min where return pump and skimmer are off for 10min. I also would like a 2min Delay on skimmer once return pump turns on. Appreciate the help

CoralCache

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried and tried with this skimmer delay. Sometimes it worked sometimes it did not. I got very tired of my skimmer overflowing and just use a high sump float switch instead.
Maybe there was a software issue that was fixed by now hooefully. My problem was I wanted different maintenance times. Seem logical since they give you 4 but if I set all 4 to have a skimmer delay it only worked for 1 of them. The other 3 the skimmer came on with the return pump.
I simulated this in Niagara AX and it works as I was trying to do it on the P4.

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Tried this. But what I really need is more the skimmer to delay turning on by two minutes after 10 min of feed pause with return pump off. I also feed at 7pm for 10 min where return pump and skimmer are off for 10min. I also would like a 2min Delay on skimmer once return pump turns on. Appreciate the help

Hi have this working on my system and works flawlessly. I will only go back home next Friday but I will try to find the post here where I was taught how to do it.

griff500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the process of figuring out the Profilux P4 for my tank build and I'd love to see more information going into this thread. I'll contribute when I can!

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is how I programmed the P4 to turn off one of the return pumps, skimmer and ATO on a low level in the return chamber. The most likely cause of low level (other than not filling the ATO reservoir) is going to be some type of blockage reducing flow through the chambers. The settings also delay the restart of the skimmer and ATO for five minutes upon resetting the low level alarm. Since I also have the skimmer and ATO restart delayed five minutes following maintenance mode, I needed to use programable logic to provide both functions. The time delays allow for levels to return to normal upon restart of any pumps that may have been off.

Level Sensor Settings
The settings are in the blue lines (Control Circuit 1).

The function (State) is set to Fill Water and inverted. When the sensor is covered any functions assigned to Fill Water 1 will stay on, logic state (1).

I have Reset Error Automatically unchecked, preventing the pump from cycling on and off. This could happen if the reason for the low level has not been cleared. The pump would turn on, drawing level back down, then tripping again, and just keep repeating. The alarm is manually cleared by logging in to the P4 and selecting Reset Error, under States.

Note: When the sensor is set for Leakage Detection the Max on-time is ignored.

Level Sensor Settings.png

Programmable Logic
G1 and G2 create five minute timers after maintenance mode is turned off. The logic state remains (1) for five minutes after Maintenance Mode is turned off, then it goes to (0). I have Maintenance 1 programmed to turn off equipment for performing a water change and Maintenance 2 programmed to turn off equipment for performing work in the rear chambers. Each of those maintenance modes turn off the skimmer. Maintenance mode 2 also turns off the ATO.

G4 combines G1 and G2 to create the time delay when either Maintenance Mode is turned off. The logic needs to be inverted since we want a logic (1) to turn on the skimmer, after five minutes.

G3 creates a five minute timer after Fill Water 1 is activated. Fill Water 1 is active when there is not a low level alarm.

G5 combines G3 and G4 to create the five minute time delay for turning on the skimmer following Maintenance Mode or clearing the Low Level Alarm.

G8 combines G2 and G3 to create the five minute time delay for turning on the ATO following Maintenance Mode 2 (rear chamber maintenance) or clearing the Low Level Alarm.

P4 PL (6-5-19).png

Powerbar Settings

The pump I have turning off (S2) just needs to be set to Fill Water 1. If level goes low the pump turns off. It will come back on when the Low Level Alarm is reset in the P4.

The skimmer (S4) is set to Programmable Logic 5.

The ATO (S10) is set to Programmable Logic 8.

Powerbar Settings.png

(Edited twice as I revised my programmable logic)

Link to posts in build thread

Last edited:

Conor_K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I have been struggling with this for a few nights now and have finally decided to call in the big guns.

I am trying to set up AWC with the Maxi Doser Slave and P4.

I want the "drain" pump to run for a certain amount of time (say 15 minutes) and then have the "fill" pump run until water reaches the level sensor.

Here is what I have:

Timer 1: 10:00pm to 10:15pm and 10:00am to 10:15am Switchmode: normal . All days checked.
Timer 2: 10:15pm and 10:15am Switchmode: event start. All days checked.

Doser 1 "Fill" Level monitoring off . Switch Channel Index 7
Doser 2 "Drain" Level monitoring off . Switch Channel Index 6

PL:

G1: Dosing Pump 2 And Timer 1
G2: Dosing Pump 1 And Timer 2

I have a control circuit on the level sensor Control #2 : Water Change #1, Timer 2

G5: Fill water (AWC only) 2 And Dosing Pump 1
G6: PL2 and PL5

Switch Channels:

S6: PL1

S7: PL6

I have probably made this way too complicated and I have tried a number of other things, but nothing seems to get the pumps to turn on. I know I'm missing a key component of comms, I can't see it to save my life.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
C

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok want to make sure I get this correct :)

Maxi doser 1 run 15 minute drain the water based on a timer. (Drain)

Max doser 2 run after the time above elapses and fill to sensor tells it to turn off. (Fill)

I assume you want ato not to run at this time also or is that already working for you without any issue?

Conor_K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok want to make sure I get this correct :)

Maxi doser 1 run 15 minute drain the water based on a timer. (Drain)

Max doser 2 run after the time above elapses and fill to sensor tells it to turn off. (Fill)

I assume you want ato not to run at this time also or is that already working for you without any issue?

That's correct. I have the ATO programming working correctly already.

Lasse, I do have 2 level sensors. Optical is 1, float 2, on a splitter, But I am not doing anything with the float at the moment, planned to use as backup once I get the process working. If it means anything, when I go to manual override and turn the switch on associated with each pump, they run. So I am sure it's just a programming error on my part...

Thanks in advance.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The way I would test first

Timer 1: 10:00pm to 10:15pm and 10:00am to 10:15am Switchmode: normal . All days checked.

PL:

control circuit on the level sensor Control #2 : auto top off #1, Timer 2 active 0.00.00

Switch Channels:

S7: fill water ATO Only #2

For your normal ATO

I supose you have it like Controll #1 auto top off #1 always active

G2 Timer 1 inverted and Fill water 2 inverted

G3 Fill water 1 and G2

Socket for your normal ATO pump function PL3

I have not tested this - but I would start here

Sincerely Lasse

Conor_K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The way I would test first

PL:

control circuit on the level sensor Control #2 : auto top off #1, Timer 2 active 0.00.00

Switch Channels:

S7: fill water ATO Only #2

For your normal ATO

I supose you have it like Controll #1 auto top off #1 always active

G2 Timer 1 inverted and Fill water 2 inverted

G3 Fill water 1 and G2

Socket for your normal ATO pump function PL3

I have not tested this - but I would start here

Sincerely Lasse

Much Appreciated, I'll try this as soon as I get home this evening.

Conor_K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well worth a shot. My biggest confusion is the drain, that’s a very simple process that I can’t get to initiatel...

But you have the same plan as I for that part of it I think, so back to tinkering through it...

Last edited:

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back