Profilux Programmable Logic Usage & Examples

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would anybody be interested if I created a guide to help people accomplish the more complex programming logic features? I've gotten pretty handy at it and feel I could write a decent guide so I can give back to the R2R community. If people are interested I'll make a guide and share some tips on how to really utilize the full extent of PL.
This would be great and let me know if you need my help as a mod. Once complete we'll sticky it at the top of this forum. :)
This thread was meant to show some real world examples. Things people could learn from or use directly on their own systems.
But we could really use a "laymen's terms" type of guide to help understand PL as a whole.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some help,

I need my calcium reactor to turn on when the ph reaches 6.75 and turn off at 6.65.

I thought it would be a nominal value of 6.65 with a .10 Hyst.

But that not working. I read the manual and thought I understood it. Posted on the German GHL forum and no response yet either.

Last any idea idea how to set a negative ORP value.

Thanks

BCSreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With your Nominal Value and Hyst. at the above values your PL should look like mine below:

upload_2017-7-28_8-16-43.png

Note that pH-value 2 is the probe I have in my reactor and I have the CO2 solenoid plugged into Socket 10.

Hope that works for you.

Bob

PmRg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome thread,

I'm trying to wrap my head around Programming Logic these days to understand it fully but I'm kinda stuck lol

1st issue:

-Run a mini pump on S4 for 30seconds to drain water out of the sump.
-While the pump is running ATO must be OFF
-Then ATO comes back ON and refills the water that was taken off.

2nd issue:

I have Maintenance 1 to turn off skimmer and ATO socket.

Problem: when I activate Maintenance 1 skimmers turns OFF but ATO turns ON anyway !?

Thanks,
Pedro

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1st issue:

-Run a mini pump on S4 for 30seconds to drain water out of the sump.
-While the pump is running ATO must be OFF
-Then ATO comes back ON and refills the water that was taken off.

This can be handled by and invert function. So you tell one pump to follow a outlet the check the invert and it will turn on and off the opposite of the outlet.

PmRg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This can be handled by and invert function. So you tell one pump to follow a outlet the check the invert and it will turn on and off the opposite of the outlet.
Would mini pump be i.e. Filter 2 ?

So:
G1 Fill water ato 1 AND Timer 2 inverted
G2 Filter 2 AND Timer 2
G3 G1 AND G2

Assign G3 to mini pump socket ?

This might be completely wrong hence i never did a programming logic before. [emoji28]

Pedro

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should the mini pump run att the same time every day or in cycles or do you want it run when you give the order?

The maintance I would solve in this way
If you connect your skimmer to one socket - in my example socket 56 and you conect your ATO pump to socket 57 trough the fill water fubnction - in my case level function 2 and sensor 5 (see the SS at the bottom) it should work (in my example maintance 4)

See screenshots - first without maintance Active - then after maintance Active

Screen Shot 08-11-17 at 06.22 PM.PNG

Screen Shot 08-11-17 at 06.22 PM 001.PNG

Screen Shot 08-11-17 at 06.42 PM.PNG

Sincerely Lasse

PmRg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Lasse thank you so much for the reply.

I have that maintenance configured exactly like that but it does not work hum I find it strange, I will recheck for the 3rd time later and I will post screenshots here.

Mini pump tuns everyday at 0:00 for 30seconds.

Thanks,
Pedro

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set up a timer and a level funktion

Screen Shot 08-11-17 at 07.59 PM.PNG

create a PL - Do not forget to invert the timer

Screen Shot 08-11-17 at 08.02 PM.PNG

Conect to the socket that manage your ATO pump and Use the G2 argument there
Create a socket for your minipump and link timer 31 to that socket. DO NOT INVERT this

Screen Shot 08-11-17 at 08.10 PM.PNG

I have not testeet this but something like this will work. Your minipump start 00.00 for 30 seconds. During this time is not the argument Inverted timer 32 and level Control 2 both true (even if senor 5 says - fill the timer 32 argue is no fullfilled. After the 30 seconds both argue (if sensor 5 says so) true and the ATO can fill

Sincerely Lasse

PmRg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lasse this is awesome and it works.

Issue 1: I had the skimmer on my power bar set as Fitler 1 when I changed it to Always ON, Maintainance started working propperly and stopping ATO :D

Issue2 : the mini pump odyssey lol SOLVED with your solution :D I was thinking about it completly wrong.

Just a little explanation, when I set the Timer on G1 as "inverted" what does "inverted" do ? instead of activating ATO it turns the ATO off ? during the Timer period ?

Thanks again,
Pedro

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you use the the "and" command it means that both things must happen. normally the function is on when the timer is on (eg 30 sek at 00:00) When you invert the function - the function will be on if the timer is off - < during 23 h 50 min and 30 sec!

Sincerely Lasse

PmRg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you use the the "and" command it means that both things must happen. normally the function is on when the timer is on (eg 30 sek at 00:00) When you invert the function - the function will be on if the timer is off - < during 23 h 50 min and 30 sec!

Sincerely Lasse

Oh now I see... If timer was not inverted ATO would only work for 30seconds during Timer time. :D :D .... getting there... :)

thanks a lot for the explanation.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some help,

Last any idea idea how to set a negative ORP value.

Thanks

Is it ProfiLux 4?

There is a bug in GCC with negative redox. You can put in a negative nominal value and save it. When you refresh GCC - you will read 0 mV as nominal value. But inside the computer you have the negative value stored. That you can check if you use the meny system on the computer. So it works even if GCC says different

Sincerely Lasse

Edit
I tested with my P4 and it seems like the latest GCC and firmware have fixed the problem - I am able to read negative nominal values now. FW 7.07 and GCC 1.0.9.9

Last edited:

Robthorn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes Please.

Would anybody be interested if I created a guide to help people accomplish the more complex programming logic features? I've gotten pretty handy at it and feel I could write a decent guide so I can give back to the R2R community. If people are interested I'll make a guide and share some tips on how to really utilize the full extent of PL.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to to install back my CO2 scrubber on my skimmer.

One is tied to a Solenoid is tied to outside AIR and one is tied to the CO2 Scrubber. At any give time one should be on.

While my PH is 8.05 and higher I need air to be drawn from Outside Air with the solenoid is powered on, while the one on the CO2 scrubber solenoid is off.
While my PH is 8.00 and below I need the air to be drawn through the CO2 Scrubber solenoid by power it on, while the solenoid that is connected to the outside is off.

I set my Virtual PH probe to a Nominal Value of 8.05 with a Hyst of .05

I went to my outlets and tried one on increase and one set to decrease with the PH probe as the source, and thought I would see one on and other other off and did not. So not sure what I missed.

Thanks

Jeromeit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone using a doser 2.1 as their kalk reactor feed? If so, does anyone here have any programmable logic for turning the kalk off if depending on level and on ph of tank?

BCSreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm doing it but I'm using an Iwaki gear pump. I originally set my Doser 2.1 to do that, but decided it was running far too much. I dose 5-8 liters of kalk a day. A lot of wear and tear for my Doser. All my ATO is saturated kalk. Have you looked at the GHL Maxi Doser? Your volume may be low enough where the doser would work just fine.

Anyway, here is what I did.

I want most of the kalk to go in when DT or refugium lights are off . Set a timer (#3) for 9:00 PM to 10:00 AM. also three 1-hour pulses when the refugium light is out.
Set up a tank pH probe with nominal value = 8.4. I used pulse variable as operation mode. Pulse = 11 sec and pause = 19 min. 11 sec pulse gives me a 30 ml dose. The pulse will be shorter as my pH approaches 8.4.
upload_2017-12-9_15-53-33.png

Used PL (G3) so that G3 is only "on" when the timer is on and tank pH is <8.4.
upload_2017-12-9_16-35-20.png

Then a second PL (#4) that is active when both level sensors say "fill" and G3 is "on". I use the optical sensor as my primary and a float sensor as the upper limit backup.

upload_2017-12-9_16-40-24.png

Finally I set the socket that controls the gear pump to be on when G4 is on.

upload_2017-12-9_16-42-11.png

To have the above run a Doser, set theDoser control to run of a "virtual" socket. For me that would be sockets 11 and higher since I have two Power Bars.

I hope it all makes sense. Don't hesitate to post if you have questions.

Bob

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back