Profilux Programmable Logic Usage & Examples

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have the instructions to connect ATO level sensor and turn on an outlet for a pump to run 30 sec pause and run again until level is reached?
I wanted to do the same thing. I had worked out a solution. However, yours is simpler and more elegant. I will use your solution.

Thanks Again, Bob
Bob and Ken, can you explain why you want it to pause?

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to change Lasse's title from "well known member" to "THE GHL MASTER". :D

Thank you

Not really a master but I have been working with GHL ProfiLux in a lot of installations of different purposes. I´m only glad if my 2 cents can help other people to use the full Power of ProfiLux.

Sincerely Lasse

BCSreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bob and Ken, can you explain why you want it to pause?

I want to top off with kalk and only at night to keep pH more stable. I could ATO slowly with the doser, but I need to add 4 liters a night. I think it is too much wear and tear on the doser. I want to use a small pump instead. If the ATO is off all day, then the pump dumps 4 liters of kalk starting at 10:00 PM. The pH will spike way up. I could and will pump through a restriction to slow the addition. But that alone is imprecise. I want to deliver the kalk over 12 hours in spurts at about 5 or 10 or 20 minute intervals. I'll also use PL to stop the ATO should the pH hit an upper limit.

Hope that makes sense. If anyone has a better solution, please let me know.

Bob

BCSreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your welcome

Maybe there is better solutions - one of the strenght with GHL is its versatility

Sincerely Lasse

Lasse,

I found what may be a simpler solution. I can't test it since my level sensors have not arrived yet. I think you may be able to do it without PL.

upload_2017-3-8_16-59-13.png

It looks like if you uncheck "Always Active", you can activate directly through a timer. Does that look like it will work?

Bob

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bob Stohrer
I want to top off with kalk and only at night to keep pH more stable. I could ATO slowly with the doser, but I need to add 4 liters a night. I think it is too much wear and tear on the doser. I want to use a small pump instead. If the ATO is off all day, then the pump dumps 4 liters of kalk starting at 10:00 PM. The pH will spike way up. I could and will pump through a restriction to slow the addition. But that alone is imprecise. I want to deliver the kalk over 12 hours in spurts at about 5 or 10 or 20 minute intervals. I'll also use PL to stop the ATO should the pH hit an upper limit.

If you want to do that - I maybe have an other solution. first a question - do you use you pH probe in any regulation mode or is it only for monitoring? which ph is your upper limit?

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lasse,

I found what may be a simpler solution. I can't test it since my level sensors have not arrived yet. I think you may be able to do it without PL.

upload_2017-3-8_16-59-13.png

It looks like if you uncheck "Always Active", you can activate directly through a timer. Does that look like it will work?

Bob
That would probably work if you can set up a timer with intervals.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lasse,

Bob

See there - I´m no GHL master :) Yes - your right - I have tested it - it works that way

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

BCSreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bob Stohrer

If you want to do that - I maybe have an other solution. first a question - do you use you pH probe in any regulation mode or is it only for monitoring? which ph is your upper limit?

Sincerely Lasse

Right now, only monitoring. Once I get the level sensors, I would like to have the ATO no longer run above about 8.2 or 8.3. This is only to prevent all 20 gallons of kalk from getting dumped at once due to malfunction. I know how to do that with PL. But I would love to hear another one of your helpful solutions to simplify the operation!

Bob

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you do as I suggest in post 18 but after the Creation of PL G1 start with this

First create an other timer like this

Screen Shot 03-08-17 at 11.30 PM.PNG

Configure your pH controller. Here I think is good to use 2 way mode for the controller but if you want it very close to max - I´ll Think you can use variable pulse

Screen Shot 03-08-17 at 11.32 PM.PNG

Create a new PL G2

Screen Shot 03-08-17 at 11.35 PM.PNG

Create PL G3

Screen Shot 03-08-17 at 11.36 PM.PNG

Connect G3 to a socket

Screen Shot 03-08-17 at 11.38 PM.PNG

Voila. Now you have create a function that will pulse your pump if there is a demand for top off water but only if the time is between 22:00 to 10:00 and if the pH is below 8.25. You may not need the pulse - in tha case connect Fill water (ATO only) 1 and timer 2 as PL G1 and PL G1 plus pH increase as PL G2. After that - the socket shall respond to G2 instead.

Sincerely Lasse

BCSreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you do as I suggest in post 18 but after the Creation of PL G1 start with this

First create an other timer like this

Screen Shot 03-08-17 at 11.30 PM.PNG

Configure your pH controller. Here I think is good to use 2 way mode for the controller but if you want it very close to max - I´ll Think you can use variable pulse

Screen Shot 03-08-17 at 11.32 PM.PNG

Create a new PL G2

Screen Shot 03-08-17 at 11.35 PM.PNG

Create PL G3

Screen Shot 03-08-17 at 11.36 PM.PNG

Connect G3 to a socket

Screen Shot 03-08-17 at 11.38 PM.PNG

Voila. Now you have create a function that will pulse your pump if there is a demand for top off water but only if the time is between 22:00 to 10:00 and if the pH is below 8.25. You may not need the pulse - in tha case connect Fill water (ATO only) 1 and timer 2 as PL G1 and PL G1 plus pH increase as PL G2. After that - the socket shall respond to G2 instead.

Sincerely Lasse

Again, thanks Lasse!

That was close to what I planned. I had not planned to use the variable pulse. But the variable may smooth out the pH curve better than a fixed pulse. I'll try it both ways a few times and will report back. I just need my level sensors to arrive. Can you help me with that :) ?

Bob

BCSreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Se there - I´m no GHL master :) Yes - your right - I have tested it - it works that way

Sincerely Lasse

Great, I'll try it when my sensors arrive!

I'm just like a monkey pushing every button in sight to see what happens! Spending more time with the P4 than the fish and corals. Not even sure if they are still alive.

Bob

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool thread! I'll be checking it again once I set up my profilux.

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could someone help me in setting up my skimmer to stay off for X amount of time whenever the Powerbar loses power or the return pump is turned off by a feed timer. Not sure if this needs to be done with a Programmable logic or a different way. Coming from an Apex this would be called a Defer statement :)

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On Power loss, go into the outlet and place a delay.
Programmable logic for "Defer", I'll send you a screenshot later.

Kyle Sicard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would anybody be interested if I created a guide to help people accomplish the more complex programming logic features? I've gotten pretty handy at it and feel I could write a decent guide so I can give back to the R2R community. If people are interested I'll make a guide and share some tips on how to really utilize the full extent of PL.

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would anybody be interested if I created a guide to help people accomplish the more complex programming logic features? I've gotten pretty handy at it and feel I could write a decent guide so I can give back to the R2R community. If people are interested I'll make a guide and share some tips on how to really utilize the full extent of PL.

That would be great :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back