Profilux Programmable Logic Usage & Examples

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Conor_K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Second half not so good. I have it set up as above and the pump turns on with the timer for less then a second and turns off...

I’m going to try a normal timer instead of event start and see what that does...

Soo close...

Conor_K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That did it.
Normal timer and works like a charm.

Of course that doesn’t work because at any time during the normal timer, the water level drops from evap it will fill with SW and not ato.

So there is something about the “event start” logic that I am missing...

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason for the event start issue is I believe event starts are only the items that appear in the Operational Mode of the Level sensor which Fill Water is not one of them:

upload_2019-4-17_22-2-7.png

So I would think,

You would go into the Level Ports, set another Auto Top Off (This one will be used for the Salt Water Station) and set it for the same sensor (I assume your using the same for your ATO that your using for the AWC?)

Then you would choose the event start specifically to that level port.

The issue is now how do you stop it? You would need to also put a timer onto the switch channel, and say this is the only time it can be on. Say from 10:15am - 10:30am and and 10:15pm - 10:30pm. Then the level sensor needs to be activated and the timer to be activated for the AWC pump to fill.

So your PL would be Auto Top Off and let say the duplicate sensor is 5 and Timer 6. You would assign that to your switch channel.

Then it should only activate between the times in the timer and the AWC mirrored sensor says it needs water.

You can then put a max time on the level port also of say 15 minutes if you wish so even if it took longer then 15 minutes it stops and alarms.

Last edited:

Conor_K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had it on ATO before. I just changed to fill water to see what that does.

My thought is the event starts the fill pump and the event ends when it meets level sensor. Than it shouldn’t try to fill with that switch again until another event start.

But with ato it just buzzed the pump for 1
Second and that was it.

I really appreciate all the feedback guys.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the Manual:

Due to safety reasons you can set how long the switchable sockets with the functions Fill water and Drain water may be active at maximum. 8 hours can be set at maximum. Through this, you can avoid that a defective sensor leads to a (too big) flooding. In case the time is exceeded, the level control and the related switchable sockets are immediately deactivated and an alarm is triggered! The level control remains deactivated as long as the error is reset or the ProfiLux 4 is restarted. If here 0 is set as duration, then the time monitoring is deactivate

What would happen if you set the Max on time to 15 minutes and tried the Fill Water, maybe it seeing it at 00:00:00 and going that exceeds the 8 hours max?

If I was home and not at a remote site I would be testing along side you hehe.

Conor_K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Allll right...

We in there. I have the process working. Fill Water was the trick:

Level.PNG
PL.PNG
Switch.PNG

WAHOOO!
But, my ATO PL is off now. It's not running at all. That should be an easy fix.

Cheers,
C

Conor_K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And we're done! Success on all levels (including a bad Dad pun).

Thanks again for the help, hopefully this will help someone else down the line..
Nothing has changed from the above except PL 2&3 which now controls the ATO pump correctly. Off during WC drain and fill, on all other times.

Time for a night cap.

Cheers,
C
PL.PNG

Last edited:

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is how I programmed the P4 to turn off one of the return pumps, skimmer and ATO on a low level in the return chamber. The most likely cause of low level (other than not filling the ATO reservoir) is going to be some type of blockage reducing flow through the chambers. The settings also delay the restart of the skimmer and ATO for five minutes upon resetting the low level alarm. Since I also have the skimmer and ATO restart delayed five minutes following maintenance mode, I needed to use programable logic to provide both functions. The time delays allow for levels to return to normal upon restart of any pumps that may have been off.

Level Sensor Settings
The settings are in the blue lines (Control Circuit 1).

The function (State) is set to Fill Water and inverted. When the sensor is covered any functions assigned to Fill Water 1 will stay on, logic state (1).

I have Reset Error Automatically unchecked, preventing the pump from cycling on and off. This could happen if the reason for the low level has not been cleared. The pump would turn on, drawing level back down, then tripping again, and just keep repeating. The alarm is manually cleared by logging in to the P4 and selecting Reset Error, under States.

Note: When the sensor is set for Leakage Detection the Max on-time is ignored.

Level Sensor Settings.png

Programmable Logic
G1 and G2 create five minute timers after maintenance mode is turned off. The logic state remains (1) for five minutes after Maintenance Mode is turned off, then it goes to (0). I have Maintenance 1 programmed to turn off equipment for performing a water change and Maintenance 2 programmed to turn off equipment for performing work in the rear chambers. Each of those maintenance modes turn off the skimmer. Maintenance mode 2 also turns off the ATO.

G4 combines G1 and G2 to create the time delay when either Maintenance Mode is turned off. The logic needs to be inverted since we want a logic (1) to turn on the skimmer, after five minutes.

G3 creates a five minute timer after Fill Water 1 is activated. Fill Water 1 is active when there is not a low level alarm.

G5 combines G3 and G4 to create the five minute time delay for turning on the skimmer following Maintenance Mode or clearing the Low Level Alarm.

G8 combines G2 and G3 to create the five minute time delay for turning on the ATO following Maintenance Mode 2 (rear chamber maintenance) or clearing the Low Level Alarm.

P4 PL (6-5-19).png

Powerbar Settings

The pump I have turning off (S2) just needs to be set to Fill Water 1. If level goes low the pump turns off. It will come back on when the Low Level Alarm is reset in the P4.

The skimmer (S4) is set to Programmable Logic 5.

The ATO (S10) is set to Programmable Logic 8.

Powerbar Settings.png

(Edited twice as I revised my programmable logic)

Link to posts in build thread
Update - I decided to not have anything happen on a low level in the return chamber. My thought is that it's not a very likely scenario. It's probably more likely for the sensor to fail causing an unnecessary false response. I still have the sensor set to alarm, but I may move it to my ATO reservoir instead. I haven't let it run dry yet, but it's came close a couple of times.

kpl_creations

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ran into this, which makes sense, but as a new user I never would have figured it out.

The "Maintenance" settings in the Profilux correspond to the same Maintenance numbers in the Mitras. So, if you have a setup for say Maintenance #1 in the Profilux, and you also want the lights to do something, just set what you want in each individual light under Maintenance #1

I use it to have white lights come on when I hit Maintenance #4 on the Profilux.

Conor_K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fellow GHLers. i went to tweak my lights tonight and came a across a plethora of issues.
I’ll keep it basic.

1. I have two 7206’s and the Pro4. I think I can access/program the light through the P4?
How do I set that up? I was controlling via direct hardwire to the lights, but I don’t think the master/slave relationship is working correctly.

2. After some digging I realize the light schedule is primarily controlled via the light composer tab. What is the purpose of the individual channel tabs? i started toying with those and then realized I couldn’t find a way to actually implement my changes in that manner.

In general, I am just trying to understand all of this to make some minor tweaks.

Cheers,
Conor

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lasse is correct if you want to control the lights through three use of your P4 you need the wireless module.

the individual light channels allow you to make adjustments, add seasonal effects to a channel, moon options, clouds. Which are not options that are seen within light composer.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would anybody be interested if I created a guide to help people accomplish the more complex programming logic features? I've gotten pretty handy at it and feel I could write a decent guide so I can give back to the R2R community. If people are interested I'll make a guide and share some tips on how to really utilize the full extent of PL.
Kyle,
I'm setting up my P4 to replace an extensive Orange/Grey system, and I know I'll need a bunch of logical programming. I've been reading, watching videos for the past few days. Once I've done it, it will click, but for now, I don't have a clue. Did you every write up a guide? TIA

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%
Back