What are you doing to pass the time? Non-reef or fish related

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last RV trip (1.5 yrs ago) the generator stopped working on the last leg. Never got around to troubleshooting and fixing it.

Went to start it up to move it onto the concrete pad - doesn't start. All the batteries are toast ($700). Still doesnt start, dropped the 75g tank, fuel pump seized ($450) that's right you can't go to autozone for a fuel pump you have to get it directly from the manufacturer. Finally got the coach running, moved onto the concrete pad. Dropped the generator, troubleshot the electrical, magnetic induction, turned out to be the ECU. Had to replace the computer ($600) again autozone was no help, had to go directly to Cummins.

RV is in tip top shape now... do we have plans to go anywhere? Nope! But at least I saved a minimum of $5k in labor costs...

Got other tasks that need to get done... but I'm pacing myself...

Salemsoul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With so many people at home there are some that are looking for other things to do. For me I have had a list of this and that I wanted to get to.

1. I needed to repair some of my stunt kites. Parts ordered and fixed.
2. repaint the bathroom.
3. Here’s a thing I did, in part because of the present situation and also we had talked about switching. I installed a new toilet with a bidet seat.

What are you doing?

1. Upgrading my tank to a nuvo 25 lagoon
2. Building a gaming pc because why not

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've pondered a theory where light isn't actually an object, but a true void, devoid of all matter. "The background".

It would explain how light can act like both a particle and a wave simultaneously, as well as how light can exist and propagate in a vacuum. As well as why light seemingly can't escape from the densest known object in the universe.

If a vacuum is creating a void, it would make sense that an absolute void could exist in a vacuum, which would mean what we consider a vacuum isn't truly empty unless it's completely "full" of light.

Fun stuff.
I almost feel like I need to make a reddit account to take this to /r/iamverysmart

Joekovar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost feel like I need to make a reddit account to take this to /r/iamverysmart
Whatever you do, stay away from r/askScienceDiscussion with it. For a science community, they bear a striking resemblance to the people who used to burn witches at the stake.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As more time passes, I got the brakes fixed on my Mountain Bike. The seals had gone bad a year ago. So I had to just replace them.

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I feel lucky. I'm essential. Keeping the trucks on the road and construction equipment moving. As much as I'd love a few extra weeks off to do stuff around the house, I'm glad to help keep the economy moving. I'm not exposed to the public much as a heavy mechanic, so I feel safe.

phatduckk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had our garage “remodeled” just before covid hit. So a majority of my time has been unpacking the stuff we put in storage, ordering shelving and generally trying to turn it into a nice, clean place.

aside from that lots of animal crossing, playing with the kids... I even tried setting up a frag tank but it didn’t pass the leak test so that project is on hold

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had our garage “remodeled” just before covid hit. So a majority of my time has been unpacking the stuff we put in storage, ordering shelving and generally trying to turn it into a nice, clean place.

aside from that lots of animal crossing, playing with the kids... I even tried setting up a frag tank but it didn’t pass the leak test so that project is on hold
Garage remodel... hmm that sounds interesting

Takiaro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, all I could do was reading news about the virus then I realize that it just raises my anxiety and is absolutely unproductive, so cleaned up a house with washing windows and attic. Now I am up to economic new, they might be quite fascinating like this Norebo and its owner Vitali Orlov story that I read on https://www.intrafish.com/.
Two college friends started a fishing business that got huge and now can't share it.
I know economical news is not the happiest right now, but I just can't stay really positive and this is something in between.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, all I could do was reading news about the virus then I realize that it just raises my anxiety and is absolutely unproductive, so cleaned up a house with washing windows and attic. Now I am up to economic new, they might be quite fascinating like this Norebo and its owner Vitali Orlov story that I read on https://www.intrafish.com/.
Two college friends started a fishing business that got huge and now can't share it.
I know economical news is not the happiest right now, but I just can't stay really positive and this is something in between.
You have two choices, you control your life as much as you can or let your life control you. Some things are out of your control but what you choose to do with it is up to you. Sitting in front of the TV and worrying about things and watching the news would depress the most optimistic person.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have two choices, you control your life as much as you can or let your life control you. Some things are out of your control but what you choose to do with it is up to you. Sitting in front of the TV and worrying about things and watching the news would depress the most optimistic person.
Watching the news all day is one of the worst things you can possible do. I stopped watching the news a month ago and now I just read the eNewspaper once per day for raw info as to what is happening. I also check the world-o-meter once per day for updates.

phatduckk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Garage remodel... hmm that sounds interesting

The house is about 60 years old and the garage had never been touched: floor had oil spots and was filthy, no walls (all exposed studs etc) and 1/2 the ceiling was missing due to some plumbing work we did a few years ago (both bathrooms are on the 2nd floor, directly above the garage).

all we really did was get a ceiling, sheet rock the walls, insulate, add LED lighting, epoxy the floor& paint.

tweeter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in my garden (the outdoor one ;) )! This is just a small portion of it here. The log is one of the projects I have been working on...
IMG_3938.JPG IMG_3915.JPG

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Resized_20191110_182034.jpeg 20200325_191428.jpg 20200326_010839.jpg 20200404_190351.jpg 20200423_192938.jpg
Been finishing the basement for 6 months. Just concrete walls I have done everything myself which is fun to learn. Have bathroom and bedroom to finish here soon, also built o to and finished a playset for the kids, and also an amazing robot lol and still working 60 hrs a week hahaha ps my wife is making a baby during all this lol

Phildago

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever you do, stay away from r/askScienceDiscussion with it. For a science community, they bear a striking resemblance to the people who used to burn witches at the stake.
That's pretty much everybody on reddit. Most of those communities are trash. It's what actually led me here lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back