What are you hoping to accomplish for your tank over the summer?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, summer may officially be a few days away, but summer weather is here and it's got be thinking about reefing projects for this season... What projects are you planning to work on during the warmer months? Is this a season where you get stuff like major projects done?

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, summer may officially be a few days away, but summer weather is here and it's got be thinking about reefing projects for this season... What projects are you planning to work on during the warmer months? Is this a season where you get stuff like major projects done?
an RFA or two.

also may move up to a 100 gal, so that will be exciting

Last edited:

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New tank upgrade for my little 20g, building everything from scratch besides the actual tank and sump! This would be my first time for a few things like cutting a hole for overflow in the glass and making a stand. Whooo given my carpentry skills this thing is gonna be uuuugly but full of coral! Gonna start tonight…

5FE789E4-7666-4EBF-944B-BAB6390E9E69.jpeg

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping to finish my build.
-Move UV pump from 2nd sump to 1st. Need hubby to help and a free weekend day as I work retail
-Redo 2nd sump for refugium and frag tank. Get a 2nd light for corals
-led lights in cabinet
-Program apex Feeds
-hook up 2nd doser for RS Trace Colors abcd & consider dosing AB+
-rethink how and where all the dosing containers are. Perhaps move trident to outside of tank on a shelf
-research chillers in case I need one this year. Or just keep ac turned down

I think this is all I need to do for my RS 3xl900 started in October. Goal to get it all done in next 3-4 months!!!!

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Complete stocking a tank started the winter and replace all the corals I stole from the living room tank to make MY tank look better. Lol. Also starting one more. My neighbor put a 75 Aqueon out for the garbage pick up. I got it. Wife hates me for it. Lol

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
stable ALK.. had a swing recently as i was dialing in how much alk8.3 to dose from the mixture i made..

still trying to dial it in..

jhuntstl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My basement/fish room is always a project, but I really dug in this last holiday weekend. Shot up a bunch of tongue and groove.

I picked up all of the electrical stuff I need today. Going to surface mount the outlets and run conduit. I started laying down some plywood, but think im gonna scrap that idea and do click together vinyl directly on the concrete.

Ideally by the end of summer all of the wood finish, electric, and floor will be complete.

AM-JKLUwgUzFYR_EqLP0lEjNOKW0COmVuwcJ_LMapv6GeX3CBIE4ajNu-V1AM7Zqn3glgypV9dfGsZQPsiK30IWyc1how-3I7x3uqVznK02vsnhHS1SaATPv7TE3jFVcwfgLBp2n6vm9fgDRb3rmmscbZFiZ_w=w1721-h969-no

AM-JKLVTEnyw7wgp_W7hnKoAAo_yzzITDV9GKDCmoKfA_u5XHMdZ1x3nENigLE9w7wCUE39WAm7uXTUok6tHhljRy2-BY1GhV8uCrM4GhMqxfGKsmVVR5Z7MZQtHoVJx0JVdZhAHVsjbDCD3BCq6uluTmio19A=w1721-h969-no

Cool tangs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upgrade to a larger tank, finish sealing/drilling the tank and build the stand

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 42 29.0%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 69 47.6%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 12.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back