What are your other hobbies?

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to collect all those little packages you find in electronics that say "Do Not Eat" and find recipes for them. :)
mmmm... silica gel packs are the best. I tell people at my work they're tasty treats with every roll of labels.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me, other hobbies include:

Cooking... I can cook anything from a Tuesday night meatloaf, to a full Thanksgiving dinner with all of the trimmings (including the pies)

Painting... Been a fan of Bob Ross ever since I was a teen. While I have no fine art talent to speak of, his technique of blocking in shapes works well for me.

Gardening... This came from my love of cooking. Fresh herbs I can just go snip off or veggies I can harvest make a much better tasting dish than most store-bought produce.

Woodworking... I was a cabinetmaker for almost 20 years. I have always enjoyed woodwork. I would rather do it for my own pleasure than a living though.

Carnivorous plants... Got a Venus Flytrap on a whim back in around '01 and the collection grew to over 700 plants of all varieties. Plan on getting that collection going again soon.

MB_Fahrer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I race cars as a hobby. A BMW M3 and a Porsche GT3 Cup. I also am into model kits (mostly WWII German tanks). Fun to see some variety in here.

MB_Fahrer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of car people in here!

I love hiking with the dogs. I have a shiba inu and a Siberian husky who are both 11. My gf has a toy poodle. We have a couple of skilkie chicks and a 180 gallon koi pond.
My biggest passion for the past 20 years has been cars.
What do you think of Rotora brakes? I had 340mm 4 piston all around on a 7.3L Renntech S-Class a couple years back. I was doing a pull on the highway one night and my radar detector went crazy around 175mph. I managed to shear off the caliper bolts on one of the rears after braking. Otherwise, they're great. I actually think the quality is better than Willwoods.

Austin456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually have a few hobbies including reef keeping which takes up a majority of my time.
I snowboard when I can during the winter, usually camelback in PA. Since I’m 16 I can really drive myself so I have to get somebody to take me. I also am into gold prospecting but up north there isn’t much gold to be found so I usually don’t get much practice with panning. I actually won a competition in North Carolina for gold panning, I got a gold nugget (nothing big) for coming in first which was fun. I’m also a avid fisherman man, both spinner rod and fly rod, I get a bunch of practice with spinner rod because I live near a know stripe bass area. Hoping to test out my fly skill on a near by river soon! And if you guessed it I’m into reef keeping big time, slowly working my way up to more complicated corals but I am enjoying the ride as I do so. I’m my opinion soft corals can be just as fun as LPS or SPS but I know that’s a debatable topic. that’s about it other than keeping my grades up. I’m a big Chemistry nerd but I wouldn’t call that a hobby.

Last edited:

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I guarantee that any time crossing the middle section or taking the slightest turn the bike will slide out. how far would a human body roll lol through the scrub if side dumped at 28 mph on gravel/ I have not found out yet. if I believed in jinxing I wouldn't even type it. but Im thinking it the whole way. minimum shoulder abrasions etc lol.

e bikes are so fast but these version 1's are heavy its about a hundred pounds. when taking turns you keep the bike nearly straight up on the turn and lean your body way off, it is 100% not like riding a motorcycle. do your opposite bar push here and you fly off a small rock cliff. keep the bike as straight up as possible, wheel barely turned, body way off side center mass and you can gravel turn without eating rocks at high speed.

this is ft Stanton nm where billy the kid hung out, re watch young guns 1 for location references

Last edited:

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't SCUBA any more or be a male model ;Meh but I still have my boat which is basically a party and going to dinner with friends boat. In the winter I build these types of things and sold 14 different types in an art gallery in upper Manhattan. Now they sell in a gallery here on eastern Long Island.

I presently have about 10 because like everything else the gallery was closed for Covid and I am running out of room. They are all very different and average about $4,000.00.

There was supposed to be a showing of my work until the pandemic but maybe soon.
I also love to cook and bake, make furniture, or anything out of brass like moving fountains.
Here is one almost finished here.

This one I just built from parts from a stream locomotive in the 1850s. The year I was born

I have many

My fish hobby doesn't take up much time, but I do enjoy collecting water.

jeffchapok

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Astronomy

Here are a few pics I took from my backyard

FB_IMG_1595877529416.jpg FB_IMG_1595970431270.jpg FB_IMG_1596366127748.jpg

Using this

IMG_20200725_202546398.jpg

I'm also a home theater buff

IMG_20180419_185511741.jpg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 36 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.5%
Back