What can I do to help puffer fish grind there teeth?

Porcupine Reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 1, 2023
Messages
183
Reaction score
63
Location
Colorado springs
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first puffer used to bite the rocks and scoop up sand, but can I also use cuttlefish bone or other stuff? I just bought a 1 inch baby porcupine puffer so he's not big enough to eat live crabs.
 
I was going to suggest clams on the half shell, but that might be a bit too big for your baby.

Maybe shrimp with the shell on? Chop them up but leave the shell on. Should be good for them until they get bigger. I don't think their teeth will be too fast growing at that age as to cause problems before they transition into clam on the half shells or crabs
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new