What can R2R do to be better and more user friendly?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Help us help you! :)

Suggestions are always welcome and actually wanted!

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More prizes shipped to my place would make my r2r experience better.

On a serious note, I hate having to log in to use the search function. Sometimes I am on a different computer and just need to look something up real fast. Having to log in can be a pain for such a short period of use. I understand that there is a reason why the search function is set up this way, but it is a pain sometimes.

Also, there are many abbreviations new users and some old users may not know. Can you set up a mod where if you scroll over an abbreviation and have a little info window pop up with what the abbreviation means.

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this is already integrated into the forum or if it's even possible...but it would be nice if there were a third area on the home page that shows new posts, this third area will show new posts by users we are tracking.

So:
New post in the general forums
New post in the sponsor fourms

Like if I want to track posts by Reef Raft I could customize the third area to show new posts by Reef Raft. That way I never miss them.

Last edited:

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
R2R's own android app. Also possibly being able to search for certain things like 125 gallon. The search only allows allows gallons, not numbers. Just my .02

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if this is already a function, but a "hot topics" link would be useful. It would list the most popular threads for a certain time period. That way if you're away from the forum for a day or two you could jump to the most interesting content without missing anything.

Henry C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell me how to keep my screen at the right size. Everytime I haunt the site I have to hit f12 and change the settings so the screen is the appropriate size...

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell me how to keep my screen at the right size. Everytime I haunt the site I have to hit f12 and change the settings so the screen is the appropriate size...
If you update Internet Explorer to IE9, this problem is alleviated. Also, other browsers like Firefox & Google Chrome don't seem to have this issue.

benjabba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you update Internet Explorer to IE9, this problem is alleviated. Also, other browsers like Firefox & Google Chrome don't seem to have this issue.

I agree with the previous poster. I am using IE8 becuase some of the applications I use need it. This is a great forum, and by far my favorite, but it is also the only forum I have trouble viewing with my current browser.

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this is already integrated into the forum or if it's even possible...but it would be nice if there were a third area on the home page that shows new posts, this third area will show new posts by users we are tracking.

So:
New post in the general forums
New post in the sponsor fourms

Like if I want to track posts by Reef Raft I could customize the third area to show new posts by Reef Raft. That way I never miss them.

I just subscribe to the forums that I wish to follow and then hit settings and it will show you that forum and if there are new posts.

Disscusion of the day / week thread.

Great idea!

I don't know if this is already a function, but a "hot topics" link would be useful. It would list the most popular threads for a certain time period. That way if you're away from the forum for a day or two you could jump to the most interesting content without missing anything.

jarred1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
R2R's own android app. Also possibly being able to search for certain things like 125 gallon. The search only allows allows gallons, not numbers. Just my .02

An app would be really nice to have. It would also be nice if the app would have push notifications for when people message you or when someone posts on a thread you are following.

Sent using Tapatalk

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am working on suggestions. Some I will be able to fix but other I will not. Thanks.

More ideas?

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how about a button to click and it changes your water lol

p.s.sorry rev i couldnt help myself

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We are working on that! LOL!

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man ... if only I could get Steve Jobs to sign up and take up this hobby and thereby having Steve to get his creative team to design all applications utilzing Apple's user friendly configurations!! :tongue:

Less headaches and trouble free environment ... :angel:

Paul

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Paul see if you can get him to sign up! LOL!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 114 81.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.3%
Back