What can R2R do to be better and more user friendly?

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul see if you can get him to sign up! LOL!

I really, really understand that Steve Jobs doesn't go 'thru his entire email lists but only if a header catches his attention and other than that ... it's garbage time!!! However I will attempt to do so and hopefully with some "spiritual intervention" I may get a Steve J. reply .... hey you might never know?

Having a reef tank is sure a "enlightment" way to relieve one of worldly worries and stress!! :angel: Amen to that!!

Paul

Reef Keeper 18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give away simpler things more often. $25 to live aquaria Free shipping from here if you order this,. Make contests not random drawing. Something like most helpful comments?
App for apple devices would complete my life. Lol
add a few new forums like aquascaping different things that usually just go in the "general" discuccion forum

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reduce the time in between having to send a PM. 60 seconds is really annoying. 30 seconds should be fine.

Gitsoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I enjoy the tapatalk interface a lot maybe have the home forum screen function the same with the same tabs, also a bay area thread would be nice! hehe

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy would LOVE an active threads in the past 24 hrs button! I just went to pick my daughter up from youth group and lost all the recent threads in a 30 min time span....:squigglemouth:

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also came up with another one today as well. How bout an anonymous suggestion box? I'm sure there are members who don't suggest things because they think they may get harassed for a "stupid suggestion" even though there is no such thing!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This guy would LOVE an active threads in the past 24 hrs button! I just went to pick my daughter up from youth group and lost all the recent threads in a 30 min time span....:squigglemouth:

That one is already in the works! That one is first!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think so. Rev has been made aware of it quite a few times from various threads. There are some things that are easy to change and others that are not so easy. In the overall scheme of things, waiting for 60 seconds really isn't that big a deal in the overall scheme of things.:bigsmile:

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think so. Rev has been made aware of it quite a few times from various threads. There are some things that are easy to change and others that are not so easy. In the overall scheme of things, waiting for 60 seconds really isn't that big a deal in the overall scheme of things.:bigsmile:

Time is precious my friend!!! LOL. Thanks Craig, its just a minor inconvenience when you have to reply to several PM's and have to keep waiting. I have not had the issue on other forums that run Vbulletin.

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm involved with many forums, reef related, as well as other topics. I moderate several forums, as well. I've never seen a forum that doesn't have the 60 second delay. Yes, it can be annoying at times, but just think, a few years ago, the technology didn't even exist...lol. I think it's actually something written into the Vbulletin software. Maybe it's to force us all to take a breath and be patient, in our world of "instant gratification." lol

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The 60 second delay is to prevent spammers from going nuts! :)

1mbrews8

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No offence:

because I certainly appreciate the giveaways/contests... and don't want to appear ungreatful..

but if we could get closer to the timeline that originally is put in a giveaway/contest thread, it'd be great! :eek:)

i just find myself monitering a thread like a hawk for hours/days/weeks after the "end" of the contest to see who won, but sometimes takes forever and then i forget about it (and then once i found out i won! :eek:))

Stinger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jus a thought

Be nice if R2R would do a newbie spotlight!!! lol and then all reefers could give good and bad feed back to the newbie. Explain that no one intends to scrutinize the setup, just give opinions to help the newbie understand basics. Before you put a newbie on the spot send email to newbie for permission to be praised or given constructive criticism. This would be great info for the newbie. Also cut down on numerous newbie postings asking same questions over n over. The newbie could reply for details on some of the advice within the spotlight. Newbie must submit pic and setup if they want to be in the spotlight. JUST a suggestion? maybe the beginners section has enough already. But a newbie/beginner could get feedback from a his/her pic and details of setup. For newbies that are selected, give them a free TDS pen or TDS inline meter, Supplied of course by our sponsors, which the newbie would claim giveaway at sponsors site. This would give the sponsors more sales as a preferred supplier. have each sponsor rotate as gift supplier. if this is too expensive have sponsors give credit points to newbie for future purchase.:wink:

Last edited:

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With most give a ways it is posted on the first and drawn on the first of the following month, all other give a ways are stated in the first post when the drawing will take place. Redraw's will be at TeamR2R's convenience after the given amount of time expires. Sometimes life get's in the way and redraw's aren't done right away, we are working on that though.

No offence:

because I certainly appreciate the giveaways/contests... and don't want to appear ungreatful..

but if we could get closer to the timeline that originally is put in a giveaway/contest thread, it'd be great! :eek:)

i just find myself monitering a thread like a hawk for hours/days/weeks after the "end" of the contest to see who won, but sometimes takes forever and then i forget about it (and then once i found out i won! :eek:))

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this idea!

Be nice if R2R would do a newbie spotlight!!! lol and then all reefers could give good and bad feed back to the newbie. Explain that no one intends to scrutinize the setup, just give opinions to help the newbie understand basics. Before you put a newbie on the spot send email to newbie for permission to be praised or given constructive criticism. This would be great info for the newbie. Also cut down on numerous newbie postings asking same questions over n over. The newbie could reply for details on some of the advice within the spotlight. Newbie must submit pic and setup if they want to be in the spotlight. JUST a suggestion? maybe the beginners section has enough already. But a newbie/beginner could get feedback from a his/her pic and details of setup. For newbies that are selected, give them a free TDS pen or TDS inline meter, Supplied of course by our sponsors, which the newbie would claim giveaway at sponsors site. This would give the sponsors more sales as a preferred supplier. have each sponsor rotate as gift supplier. if this is too expensive have sponsors give credit points to newbie for future purchase.:wink:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back