S/He Who Dies With The Most R2R Badges Wins?

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the "Reaction Score" anyway?
the treasure of the sierra madre movie quotes GIF
I keep hoping to be awarded the "Snowflake" badge soon. I have a huge reaction score and some of those have to be folks I've triggered on here and much more serious than a standard reaction?:smiling-face-with-halo:

Actually, when someone responds to your post it counts as one reaction point, hence "reaction" score. It has nothing to do with the excellent Chemistry advice on reef reactions that we get from @Randy Holmes-Farley in the chemistry forum. I don't recall how many badges Randy has but he earned all his the hard way. Smart fellow, one of many on Reef2Reef. :cool:

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I heard that Alaska gives you tax breaks and monetary compensation for living there. So do the same —give people frags as memberships?
NO I literally meant - how do you stand the darkness:)

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was a case of a family and their pets exposed to airborne palytoxins in Anchorage 10 years ago: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6431a4.htm
These exposures get threads fairly often on here, and lots of friendly warnings to help with reefer awareness to potentially threatening situations in our tanks. Same with electricity, ground plugs and GFI, and fire & flood discussions. I am the king of floods but I keep them in my garage.

OP
OP
bakbay

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep hoping to be awarded the "Snowflake" badge soon. I have a huge reaction score and some of those have to be folks I've triggered on here and much more serious than a standard reaction?:smiling-face-with-halo:

Actually, when someone responds to your post it counts as one reaction point, hence "reaction" score. It has nothing to do with the excellent Chemistry advice on reef reactions that we get from @Randy Holmes-Farley in the chemistry forum. I don't recall how many badges Randy has but he earned all his the hard way. Smart fellow, one of many on Reef2Reef. :cool:
Thanks for sharing that secret sauce too! So I should start something controversial to get more “Reaction Scores”? o_O

IntrinsicReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing that secret sauce too! So I should start something controversial to get more “Reaction Scores”? o_O
Actually, the reaction scores are an interesting way to track a persons communication and coversation skills on the forum. Note @Reefer Matt has about 3000 post and 18000 reactions, he is generating a lot of dialogue with folks on here which is great for him since he is working an online gig and this score suggests that he is going to succeed at it more than he has already.

I really like my idea about a "Trigger Badge" for folks who routinely get users to hit the "REPORT" button after they post! Sadly, the R2R team are trying to run a family friendly, happy site so my Trigger Badge is not in line with their site useage guidelines.:crying-face:

If you like this idea, then please hit the report button below (left corner) and let the mods consider the idea and maybe my dreams will come true?

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait, what @Reefer Matt ? Was this posted here or youtube? Everything alright?
Another thread on here where he mentioned a visit. He is alright, I'm just spreading that good news so folks can know we all dodged a bullet with him?!

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m hoping to get more badges but unfortunately there are no R2R clubs in my area because I guess they’re all as antisocial as me.

Also apparently being the sole person who answers the beginner stocking thread isn’t worth a Hospitality badge huh (hint hint Daniel…) I mean I guess I could copy and paste the same meme a million times…

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have wayyyyy to many badges to get involve in our conversation here. You sir, are one of the envious problem makers, so face it> :face-with-tears-of-joy: :smiling-face-with-halo: :thinking-face: :cool:

By the way, I am worried that you had to seek medical attention for Palytoxin exposure. Take it easy and get well! You have enough badges already.

Wait, what @Reefer Matt ? Was this posted here or youtube? Everything alright?
Just trying to help. :grinning-squinting-face:
No palytoxin exposure here. I’m starting to think there is another Reefer Matt out there, because I get waaaay too much credit for things.
Actually, the reaction scores are an interesting way to track a persons communication and coversation skills on the forum. Note @Reefer Matt has about 3000 post and 18000 reactions, he is generating a lot of dialogue with folks on here which is great for him since he is working an online gig and this score suggests that he is going to succeed at it more than he has already.
I am just a regular Reefer like anyone else. I have no ties to the industry, and work a full time job. I donate all ad revenue from the channel to the Coral Restoration Foundation. I don’t get anything special for participating here, I just do it because I really want to help and participate.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just trying to help. :grinning-squinting-face:
No palytoxin exposure here. I’m starting to think there is another Reefer Matt out there, because I get waaaay too much credit for things.

I am just a regular Reefer like anyone else. I have no ties to the industry, and work a full time job. I donate all ad revenue from the channel to the Coral Restoration Foundation. I don’t get anything special for participating here, I just do it because I really want to help and participate.
There is.
@Reef By Steele was the injured guy with toxin

I'm the Guy with the mental decline, delusion, and paranoia. But I know you guys are after my badges so I'm gonna check out and go hang Xmas lights - Sorrry for the confusion, it's not contagiious, probably.

1112-425XL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol - I do hope that folks realized that this was all done in the name of jester? ;)
[/QUOTE]

Who is Jester and how many badges does he have??

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is.
@Reef By Steele was the injured guy with toxin

I'm the Guy with the mental decline, delusion, and paranoia. But I know you guys are after my badges so I'm gonna check out and go hang Xmas lights - Sorrry for the confusion, it's not contagiious, probably.
No prob! I wish I had your fun sense of humor, and I always enjoy your posts!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Please don't get me started on why a certain someone (@fishguy242) still does not have his much deserved Firebug badge.
nope never got that FIREBUG BADGE , plus I took off THE TANK THREAD BADGE myself ,when they changed it...:face-with-raised-eyebrow:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 94 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back