S/He Who Dies With The Most R2R Badges Wins?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I couldn't help but noticed that @vetteguy53081 has nearly 20 R2R badges?@#$ At some point, do you plan to frag your badges? I've been very diligent but having a terrible time getting them to grow.

What is everyone's secret?
He deserves every badge!! - For you - I would recommend increasing alkalinity:)

OP
OP
bakbay

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He deserves every badge!! - For you - I would recommend increasing alkalinity:)
Can't seem to keep up with the Joneses though. My Alk is almost at 9dKH and I'm afraid going higher might RTN my badges - gonna suck when these babies turn all white overnight! I'm playing it safe for now.

Kristopher Conlin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been a partner member for two years so i have two badges for that.

I got an excellence award right after I wrote a pretty in depth and lengthy thread on my experience breeding clownfish. That award also came with the supporting member badge for a year.

The hospitality award is from greeting new members to the forum(you can subscribe to the tag and get notified when a new member makes a hello thread)

The animated Reef2Reef badge that looks like a florescent sign was for buying a limited Reef2Reef logo light made by Adaptive Reef a few months ago(that's one of my favorites badges. The logo light is amazing too!)

Secret Santa is for taking part in the annual secret Santa here in Reef2Reef.

The blue badges are local clubs. Living in Michigan I have the midwest reefer and MASSM marine aquarium society of Southeast Michigan. You can check the local clubs and see if you have any you can join as well!

Hope this helps!

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't seem to keep up with the Joneses though. My Alk is almost at 9dKH and I'm afraid going higher might RTN my badges - gonna suck when these babies turn all white overnight! I'm playing it safe for now.
where is your build thread badge? I see your showcase badge! And we know you have a build thread!

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've been very supportive & helpful, Matt! R2R is very fortunate to have you...
Thanks. I think I am more of a novelty though, and not to be taken too seriously in comparison to the pros here. I will never be an expert, but will always try to help. IMO @vetteguy53081 is one of those experts.

OP
OP
bakbay

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where is your build thread badge? I see your showcase badge! And we know you have a build thread!
lol - I got 3 build threads going. I’ve been busy with the nem&frag tank atm. Yes, I got issues!

OP
OP
bakbay

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I think I am more of a novelty though, and not to be taken too seriously in comparison to the pros here. I will never be an expert, but will always try to help. IMO @vetteguy53081 is one of those experts.
I’ve been in the hobby for a long time and will never be an expert! I have a lot of respect for folks like yourself, FishMedic crew, Rev, Randy, and many others! Having said that — I think that each one of us can help by sharing our experiences that will advance this hobby.

AKReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Living in Michigan I have the midwest reefer and MASSM marine aquarium society of Southeast Michigan. You can check the local clubs and see if you have any you can join as well!
There are no reefing groups in my area (central Alaska), and I doubt there are any in the entire state.

AKReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been in the hobby for a long time and will never be an expert! I have a lot of respect for folks like yourself, FishMedic crew, Rev, Randy, and many others! Having said that — I think that each one of us can help by sharing our experiences that will advance this hobby.
Having watched a number of ReefBum YT videos, it's clear that there are no all-around experts in the hobby, just survivors.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't help but noticed that @vetteguy53081 has nearly 20 R2R badges?@#$ At some point, do you plan to frag your badges? I've been very diligent but having a terrible time getting them to grow.

What is everyone's secret?
I pay no attention to them at all.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There are no reefing groups in my area (central Alaska), and I doubt there are any in the entire state.
If I were you I would start one - I'm not sure there is a requirement for how many members. :). PS how do you stand it. ?

OP
OP
bakbay

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having watched a number of ReefBum YT videos, it's clear that there are no all-around experts in the hobby, just survivors.
From my experience, there are many ways to reefing; however, some are more successful than others. To me, that makes them “experts” - the ability to reproduce their success, recover from failures, and disease diagnostics, quarantining and treatment.

OP
OP
bakbay

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I were you I would start one - I'm not sure there is a requirement for how many members. :). PS how do you stand it. ?
I heard that Alaska gives you tax breaks and monetary compensation for living there. So do the same —give people frags as memberships?

Nonya

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my experience, there are many ways to reefing; however, some are more successful than others. To me, that makes them “experts” - the ability to reproduce their success, recover from failures, and disease diagnostics, quarantining and treatment.
Again...survivors.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just participate as much as I can. I also support R2R financially by getting the partner membership and such. But the dark blue ones are mostly just from joining user groups. But they don’t make anyone more or less important. There are green “expert” badges too for experts in the industry.
You have wayyyyy to many badges to get involve in our conversation here. You sir, are one of the envious problem makers, so face it> :face-with-tears-of-joy: :smiling-face-with-halo: :thinking-face: :cool:

By the way, I am worried that you had to seek medical attention for Palytoxin exposure. Take it easy and get well! You have enough badges already.

Nonya

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard that Alaska gives you tax breaks and monetary compensation for living there. So do the same —give people frags as memberships?
We do get a dividend from the Permanent Fund every year (sometimes reduced by the government using shady techniques).
Tax breaks? Well, there's no state income tax, but everybody has to pay property tax.
We pay another tax here. It's called the cost of shipping. There are also a lot of shippers who refuse to deliver to Alaska.

Nonya

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have wayyyyy to many badges to get involve in our conversation here. You sir, are one of the envious problem makers, so face it> :face-with-tears-of-joy: :smiling-face-with-halo: :thinking-face: :cool:

By the way, I am worried that you had to seek medical attention for Palytoxin exposure. Take it easy and get well! You have enough badges already.
There was a case of a family and their pets exposed to airborne palytoxins in Anchorage 10 years ago: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6431a4.htm

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 13 9.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 38 27.1%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 68 48.6%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back