What can we do to make R2R better?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Please help R2R by offering your suggestions. :)

What are some some things that could make the actual forum software better?

Thanks.

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better search function. Right now its easier for me to find specific pages using a google search, and this makes it bit hard to research specific topics within R2R....thus i do most of my research outside of the R2R forum. The R2R search function seems to just bring up the entire thread without specifying the pages that contain the specific keywords...i don't know if this can even be improved honestly as many many forum search functions operate the exact same way as this one.

Basically R2R is great for current news and up to date discussion but I find it hard to use as a resource for information at times. Maybe i just need to learn how to use the forum searches better...

Fishinizer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing really but having it as a app would be amazing. And I agree the results have to do with nothing that you searched for.

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as a novelty to members. I think a "like' feature would be cool. Many times I read a post in response to the o.p. of a thread and I agree with it, however I have nothing to add to it. So I normally just leave the thread. However, if there was a "like" function myself, and others whom may agree could "like" the post which would allow the original poster to know that this is a supported piece of information.

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better search function. Right now its easier for me to find specific pages using a google search, and this makes it bit hard to research specific topics within R2R....thus i do most of my research outside of the R2R forum. The R2R search function seems to just bring up the entire thread without specifying the pages that contain the specific keywords...i don't know if this can even be improved honestly as many many forum search functions operate the exact same way as this one.

Basically R2R is great for current news and up to date discussion but I find it hard to use as a resource for information at times. Maybe i just need to learn how to use the forum searches better...

+1000 to this!

Would also love to see a sub forum for clubs available for club equipment.

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as a novelty to members. I think a "like' feature would be cool. Many times I read a post in response to the o.p. of a thread and I agree with it, however I have nothing to add to it. So I normally just leave the thread. However, if there was a "like" function myself, and others whom may agree could "like" the post which would allow the original poster to know that this is a supported piece of information.

+1 i feel just like KLR, nothing to add to thread but would love to say "i like this" or "i agree" somehow.

PolandSpring

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This sounds awesome! I really like this idea as well as the app idea. To further add... I think an "instant nessagig" system would be a nice addition. When i am having a conversation on a pm, my inbox gets so cluttered and i constantly have to refresh it. By using the instant message system it can just be so much easier to have a conversation on the forum.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

A new search is the first thing on the list and you will see it implemented in the next week or so. :)

Nothing really but having it as a app would be amazing. And I agree the results have to do with nothing that you searched for.

A new forum app is on the list!

Not sure about this one. We would rather members say they like something and keep post bumped up instead of just liking it with a click. We will discuss!

+1000 to this!

Would also love to see a sub forum for clubs available for club equipment.

We can add a subforum for your club no problem!

This sounds awesome! I really like this idea as well as the app idea. To further add... I think an "instant nessagig" system would be a nice addition. When i am having a conversation on a pm, my inbox gets so cluttered and i constantly have to refresh it. By using the instant message system it can just be so much easier to have a conversation on the forum.

I can check into this.

How bout a feature that lets you know when someone else mentions you in a thread?:tongue:

This will also now get done! I have a set of extra hands helping me now so this will get done! It is at the top of the list!

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure about this one. We would rather members say they like something and keep post bumped up instead of just liking it with a click. We will discuss!

I am not sure if this is a possibility, but maybe it could be programmed so that when someone makes a "like" in the thread, the thread gets bumped?

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thinking off the top of my head, but might there be a way to tag pictures we post to the threads with keywords? This way they could be searched for as well.

I know for myself many times i am looking for pictures of a particular coral, tagging pics would be a easy way to search all the amazing pics on R2R.

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

+1. What about a read receipt so that you know your pm has been read?

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they have that already.. lol
Im just not sure how to use it.

Just tried it in advanced settings during writing a PM (towards bottom and check box).

Guess I need to look next time first :crossedlips:.

Last edited:

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 23 32.4%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.2%
Back