What colour is this seriatopora hystrix?

Diveks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a $5 frag that the seller didn’t specify the colour of. I think it was not doing well in the sellers tank because it came in with algae covered tips. Well in the pictures it was brown and it did come in brown.

After a while in my tank its now a lighter colour, don’t think it is dying since it is encrusting and branching. Can someone help me identify what colour this coral could be? I took some pics before the lights came on. Not sure if it is suppose to be brown but it is now pinkish. Its the same colour as the coloured aquaforest rocks (the photo doesn’t show the colours accurately). Was just concerned it was bleaching since birdsnests are hard to keep in my tank. The pictures make it look whiter than it is.

FB29534B-BB97-4CC5-BD9D-7A680A69C4E5.jpeg 8776D325-2765-43BE-B5EB-2F542B7465CB.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a $5 frag that the seller didn’t specify the colour of. I think it was not doing well in the sellers tank because it came in with algae covered tips. Well in the pictures it was brown and it did come in brown.

After a while in my tank its now a lighter colour, don’t think it is dying since it is encrusting and branching. Can someone help me identify what colour this coral could be? I took some pics before the lights came on. Not sure if it is suppose to be brown but it is now pinkish. Its the same colour as the coloured aquaforest rocks (the photo doesn’t show the colours accurately). Was just concerned it was bleaching since birdsnests are hard to keep in my tank. The pictures make it look whiter than it is.

FB29534B-BB97-4CC5-BD9D-7A680A69C4E5.jpeg 8776D325-2765-43BE-B5EB-2F542B7465CB.jpeg
It looks beige or tan to me but could also be a pink-ish colour?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back