What coral dip do you use?

The Aquatic Arsenal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was just browsing around the internet while pricing Two Little Fishies Revive, and that got me wondering what coral dips everyone uses? I would also like to know what you use it.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dettol 3ml per 10 liters of water.
At 13 dollars for 1000ml. Will last you forever. Has no impact on the environment like bayer, and can be purchased in countries where bayer is outlawed.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Coralrx
This is what it does for me:
31895389-2014-44EA-9795-AD84767FB201.jpeg
4A9DDCA1-1EB5-42B6-9CA8-2D6C00EE4027.jpeg

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends.

I dip my SPS corals for my SPS only tank in Revive. I have Bayer but scared to use it.

For my LPS/Softie (no SPS) tank, I don't dip LPS, since I've done more Damage dipping them, then not dipping them.
No risk of AEFW in a LPS only tank since they won't survive without Acros to Eat.
Sure it's a risk for something else, but Again, LPS don't like dips (at least for me).

The odd time, my LPS (Frogspawn, Hammer, or Torches have some kind regression due to infection, I may dip in Melaxfix as a last resort...and it has worked on occasion,.)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Depends.

I dip my SPS corals for my SPS only tank in Revive. I have Bayer but scared to use it.

For my LPS/Softie (no SPS) tank, I don't dip LPS, since I've done more Damage dipping them, then not dipping them.
No risk of AEFW in a LPS only tank since they won't survive without Acros to Eat.
Sure it's a risk for something else, but Again, LPS don't like dips (at least for me).

The odd time, my LPS (Frogspawn, Hammer, or Torches have some kind regression due to infection, I may dip in Melaxfix as a last resort...and it has worked on occasion,.)
I have bayer for my garden only. Afraid to use on coral also. Just better safe than sorry for my satisfaction.

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have bayer for my garden only. Afraid to use on coral also. Just better safe than sorry for my satisfaction.
I'm not afraid to use on Corals. I'm afraid to touch the stuff (ie open the bottle) for my own health or family.
Understand you need to use it properly. Gloves, mask, not breathe in. Ensure so spills on porous anything.
Keep the container you use as Labeled Contaminated.
I also read that when you ues Bayer, you must rinse the Coral, and especially if a on rock very well. Any residue if put back into tank can kill off your worms, and other stuff.

reef_daddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always use Bayer. LPS, SPS, leathers, Zoas, even my bubble coral. I do 10ml per 1 cup of tank water. 10 min using a turkey baster to keep the water moving. Then I dip them in cup of tank water to rinse, then another separate cup of tank water for a final rinse.

Also, Bayer in now Bio Advanced, so if you can’t find it in the store, that’s what it is now.

I do wear gloves, safety glasses, and dust mask for protection. Safety first!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back